What's new

*** Official "UNFAITHFUL" Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
I had originally thought little of this film, but maybe now I'll see it after all the good responses :)

David Oliver

Second Unit
I cannot remember when it was in the movie, but at one point they were playing a piano interpretation of the music to Radiohead's Exit Music.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I love this quote from cnn.com about Richard Gere's acting:

How can an actor who attempts to convey every conceivable emotion by quickly blinking his eyes maintain a career for 25 years?

"Unfaithful," yet another soon-to-be-forgotten Richard Gere vehicle, is an overheated melodrama about a woman who strays from her monotonous husband, only to force him into a nasty situation that cries out for multiple bouts of eye-blinking.

Patrick G

Second Unit
I have one question: How in the hell did Olivier Martinez manage to get his name before the title of the film?

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
How can an actor who attempts to convey every conceivable emotion by quickly blinking his eyes maintain a career for 25 years?
Answer: By doing a pretty good job as a "minimalist" actor. Gere may not have a wide array of facial expressions, but somehow he manages to create distinct characters. I think he's often been miscast, but when the role fits (and it does in Unfaithful), I find him very credible.
Of course, unlike the CNN reviewer, I happen to have liked the film. :)
M.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I'm in the minority here, but I will not be seeing this film either in theaters or on dvd when it's released.

I'm sure that the film is of great quality, i'm not doubting you guy's on that, it's just that I find the subject matter apalling. I can't stomach marrital infidelity so I certaintly don't want to see a film based on it.

Just my 2 cents.

frank h

Auditioning
Cool signature!

I am not a Gere fan, but I thought he did an excellent job in Unfaithful. He is the fulcrum that the movie turns on. You have to believe that his character makes the decisions he does. He hardly chews the scenery, but he is believable.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert

John,

As a followup to Michael's comments, if you felt that strongly about the subject matter then your comments weren't necessary in this thread. By the way, I really enjoyed this film! Diane Lane a long-time favorite of mine really gave an excellent performance with Gere giving a very understated acting turn.

Crawdaddy

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Guy's,

I was just offering up my opinion about the movie that's all, it never occured to me that it might be wrong of me to do so. I simply saw this thread and had an opinion about it, so I posted it.

Meant no harm.

Martin Jeeves

Supporting Actor
For fans of this film I've posted my thoughts on an eventual DVD release of the movie. It's in the Studios feedback forum, so please join in with your "constructive" comments regarding what we'd like to see on the DVD. Maybe Mr Staddon is watching? I'm gonna go see it again soon. Loved it.

Thanks.

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
I was just offering up my opinion about the movie that's all, it never occured to me that it might be wrong of me to do so. I simply saw this thread and had an opinion about it, so I posted it.
Except you haven't seen the film & you make it clear you know next to nothing about the actual content of it from your brief comment.

If you'd seen the film, you'd know that it clearly shows the effects of Connie's infidelity on her husband & son, & its longterm consequences on everyone involved.

It isn't "Fatal Attraction 2", thankfully, nor is it "9 1/2 weeks 2".

Martin Jeeves

Supporting Actor
I quite agree. It is movie that stands on it's own merits and deserves to be seen. Great acting and atmospheric and subtle direction. Superb I thought (and most of the reviews I've seen agree - and $14.2 million ain't bad considering what it's up against). I wonder how it will do this week?

Jerry Gracia

Supporting Actor
I think some of you guys are being a little too hard on Jon. He acknowledges he's sure that the film is of great quality and offered his reason to why he will not be seeing it.
He was polite about it, I thought. :confused:

Martin Jeeves

Supporting Actor
No problem here. I understand.

The movie successfully put me off ever committing infidelity. It was powerful without being too preachy which was refreshing.

I see both point's of view on this. But the way I see it is, a good movie is a good movie, but I do respect that some subject matters don't appeal to some people.

"The Exorcist" is regarded as a classic, but it certainly don't appeal to everyone.

Eric Thrall

Stunt Coordinator
I enjoyed the movie, but I wish that they had skipped the murder and kept the story about the infidelity and its effect on the family.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I take it some of us here haven't seen Lyne's other masterpiece, "Fatal Attraction" w/r/t infidelity. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks