What's new

*** Official "UNFAITHFUL" Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Trevor Bateman

Stunt Coordinator
I saw "Unfaithful" last night. Excellent!

Have you ever been dragged along to a film, thinking it would suck... only to find that it is excellent?

Well "Unfaithful" is a cracking little thriller that has all the subtlety and atmosphere of a "Sixth Sense" or "The Others". It isn't supernatural like those films, but it is the type of movie that people who like subtlety over smack-about-the-head.

The performances (particularly by Diane Lane) are amongst the best I've seen. I hate Richard Gere, but he is spot on here in a role that is so far removed from his usual stuff. He is really surprisingly good.

The showing I went to was pretty much full. So I think it will do well. The reviews I've seen have been mainly very positive and people will talk about this film.

I have to say. I loved it and thoroughly recommend it.

P.S. Yes, Lane gets naked (alot). But it's her acting that will effect you more than her perfect curves.

Friends and I are going to see this either tonight or tomorrow. I've heard really, really good things about it, and the reviews in NY Times, Entertainment Weekly, Variety etc etc are all really positive. I also looked at the reviews and comments on IMDB.com and they really rate this movie as well.

I'm definately up for it. Apparently, it's alot less preditable than it sounds - which is cool.

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
Good to hear! I'm leaving work early tomorrow to go catch this. Diane Lane is one of my favorite actresses, Gere is OK, and it'd be nice to see Adrian Lyne have a hit again!

Marc_Savoie

Stunt Coordinator
that's good news!

My girlfriend really wants to see it, and I wasn't super-keen on it 9mainly because of Richard Gere), but by the sounds of it, i may actually end up enjoying it!

Thanks for the info!

Eric Sevigny

Stunt Coordinator
I'll be catching it tomorrow. This is one of those movies that I will see based only on my overwhelming love for the trailer (yeah, I am that shallow sometimes :) ). The end music piece by E.S. Posthumus being the major draw :D Shame it won't probably be in the film itself.

Ashley Seymour

Supporting Actor
I love Diane Lane. I will make it a point to observe only her "acting." I too have only seen the trailers and the reviews that give it a good rating.

Nick Graham

Screenwriter
I'm gonna skip this one, but atleast Lyne has an actually attractive female lead for this one. I finally just saw Fatal Attraction (nice work on the disc, Paramount!), and Glenn Close topless scenes are harder on the stomach than the vomit-eating scene in Bad Taste.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
This thread is now designated the Official Discussion Thread for "Unfaithful". Please, post all comments, links to outside reviews, film and box office discussion items to this thread.
All HTF member film reviews of "Unfaithful" should be posted to this thread.
Thank you for your consideration in this matter.
Crawdaddy

Vickie_M

Senior HTF Member
Eric: The end music piece by E.S. Posthumus being the major draw Shame it won't probably be in the film itself
Is that the music that's in the trailer? I LOVE THAT MUSIC. Besides the music, it's one of the best trailers I've ever seen. Eric, you're not alone.
While I'm not big on adultery-themed movies, I have to see this. It looks good, and because it will be wonderful to see Lane and Gere together again. The other film where they played a couple, The Cotton Club, is a favorite of ours. I've also been a fan of Diane Lane's since she was a kid in A Little Romance. She's a good actress, and she just keeps getting more and more beautiful.
Big kudos to whoever put together that trailer.
(edited for spelling)

UNFAITHFUL - Brilliant filmmaking

I went to see this with friends last night and it was really, really good.

It was entertaining, engrossing, gripping and enjoyable. The dialogue could've been a bit better,but everything else was near perfect.

Diane Lane is gonna be a big star after this. Her performance is a powerhouse performance of Academy Award calibre. Not only her acting, but wow! She partakes in several of the best sex scenes (I mean artfully done) I've ever seen. I'm talking doggy style, I'm talking S&M, I'm talking an alleyway scene with Lane wearing nothing but a long mac and high heeled groin high boots, I'm talking oral in a cinema. She is simply superb throughout the film!

Scintilating and a very good thriller. I loved it (despite Richard Gere - who did a surprisingly good job aswell).

Highly recommended!

Christian H

Auditioning
I saw it a couple of days ago, right after SW:E2. Perhaps that's the reason, but I didn't like it much. I had no idea what it was about beforehand and I hadn't heard about it. But I wasn't too impressed (though the naked parts weren't too shabby ;)).

This will be a big hit I think

When word of mouth gets out on how good this film is it will do well. It's sexy and cool and there's not much out there for non-fantasy adults. Good movie deserves to do well.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
I agree with Vickie and Eric: Someone please tell me that music is in the movie. It is the ONLY reason I am interested in this movie. This shows you what a good trailer can do - the story itslef didn't seem to bring anything new to the table.
Btw, that music sounds quite similar to the one of the original LOTR interne trailer, the one no one can find.
--
Holadem

Eric Sevigny

Stunt Coordinator
Holadem:
The second piece of music featured in the trailer (the first one is some Moby song) is from E.S. Posthumus, the song title is "Nara". The album is only available online, the good news is that it's excellent (I just got it) :D It also has the piece of music that plays during Spider-man's trailer for those interested. The song on the album plays quite longer then what was featured in the trailer and is thus far my favorite track - but not the only one, there is plenty to like here! I can confirm that it isn't in the film though.
Back on topic. I saw it today. Strong solid "actors" film, just what I was expecting and wanted. Thoroughly enjoyed it. The movie will definitely make me look for Diane Lane's other work - hadn't really noticed her before, bad me :)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I thought it was okay, but nothing special. Gere almost ruined it for me. He was so under-written as a character.

I did enjoy watching Diane Lane, who gets better with age, but didn't really think we needed some of the more sexually explicit scenes (not that I minded them as they played out).

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
Back on topic. I saw it today. Strong solid "actors" film, just what I was expecting and wanted. Thoroughly enjoyed it. The movie will definitely make me look for Diane Lane's other work - hadn't really noticed her before, bad me
I've been a fan of Diane's since "A Little Romance" -- she's such an underrated actress. I highly recommend "A Walk on the Moon". (She got to work VERY closely with Viggo Mortensen, lucky girl! :b )

Martin Jeeves

Supporting Actor
I thought this was awesome. It's certainly deserving all the rave reviews it's getting. I noticed quite a few of the reviews and articles are already saying Diane Lane could be Oscar Nominated for her astounding performance. Great movie, I'm gonna go again.

frank h

Auditioning
Diane Lane's performance was Oscar worthy.

I was not as taken with this well crafted movie as many.

But I was impressed with Lane's brave yet subtle performance.

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Eric, you stole my thunder! After finding the Spider-Man trailer music, I tried a few different songs and recognized "Nara" immediately. After listening to a few other tracks, I realized that I MUST own this CD!
E. S. Posthumus - Unearthed
If you like movie music, you'll probably love this album!

Users who are viewing this thread