*** Official UNDERWORLD: RISE OF THE LYCANS Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Mark Maltais, Jan 16, 2009.

1. Mark Maltais

Mark Maltais Stunt Coordinator

Mark
    I'm looking forward to this. I loved the first one, second one, meh, was ok, but they went to far with all the hybrid crap. Looks like they went back to the roots here with the beginning of a kick ass war. People were bitching about Kate not there and think it's a scam that the new girl looks like her, but if you pay attention to the first movie you realize why this makes sense...so actually they are covering all the bases. I'm gonna give this a chance just because the idea of the war has always been great!

2. Josh.C

Josh.C Second Unit

I'll see this. I'm a big fan of these movies. The second was a bit overdone, but vampires and warewolves is just something I can't turn down. Kate was great, but new girl looks pretty good in the trailors.

Looks fun,

JC

3. ErichH

ErichH Screenwriter

I'm the same way. A favorite guilty pleasure.
    Yet again - Bill Nighy and Michael Sheen, so great actors in the leads. I hope Steven Mackintosh has a bigger part this time. His 2 scenes in the 2nd film were fantastic.

4. Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford Moderator

Robert
    This thread is now designated the Official Discussion Thread for "Underworld: Rise of the Lycans". Please, post all comments, links to outside reviews, film and box office discussion items to this thread.

All HTF member film reviews of "Underworld: Rise of the Lycans" should be posted to the Official Review Thread.

Thank you for your consideration in this matter.

Crawdaddy

5. Ken Chan

Ken Chan Producer

Worse than the lack of Kate Beckinsale and the murky color palette is the horrible action scene editing, especially in the big sword fight with Lucian, Sonja, and Viktor. Are they trying to cover poor stunt work, or does someone really prefer all that choppy crap where you can't see who's doing what?

6. Will_B

Will_B Producer

When I saw Doomsday I said to everyone "wow, she should be cast in the Underworld prequels!" and sure enough, she already was.

I'm probably going to wait for the dvd on this though, because of how bad the last Underworld film was. Plus...I just can't root for werewolves.

Is the Queen from the first film, who got killed on the train car, in this new film? She's been under-utilized thus far. I know she had a few moments in Underworld: Evolution, but not enough.

7. Ken Chan

Ken Chan Producer

I preferred Doomsday to this. For one thing, lots more Rhona Mitra.

No, although I believe her name is mentioned once.

8. Elizabeth S

Elizabeth S Producer

Elizabeth S

I have yet to see any of the "Underworld" films. Would I be lost starting with "Lycans"? (I own the first 2 on BD but not sure I can get to them before "Lycans" leaves town.)

9. MattFini

MattFini Supporting Actor

I don't think you'd be lost, no. Though the film does assume you have some familiarity with the two main characters (Lucian and Viktor), you should have no problem following the storyline.

In fact, it might even enrichen the other two movies if you start here.

10. Diallo B

Diallo B Screenwriter

better than terminator salvation.....