What's new

***Official TPM Audio thread (Lasderdisc comparison, Volume probs, charts, etc) (1 Viewer)

Todd N

Grip
I had mentioned in an earlier thread that the DVD volume is lower than the LD, but I still think it sounds pretty awesome. The LD mix rocked, but my complaint was that it was really almost, forgive me for saying this, Bass heavy (which kills me, because I love bass) The bass always made my sub and bass shakers rattle and they seemed to be on the verge of popping. So I adjusted bass in my system overall, but eventually came to the conclusion that the bass was just overamplified in the mix.
Peace...
One
------------------
Don't pee on my leg and tell me it's raining!

Bjoern Roy

Second Unit
I posted only 3-4 graphs, but actually measured more than 10 scenes, some short (single effect), some longer.
The 'hover flyover' was one of them. The overall level difference in this scene 9db, like on the 'bigger fish' scene. After compensating, the scene measures indentical on both version, the DVD actually has 1-2db more below 20hz in the LFE, similar to the 'Podrace Start' scene i posted.
------------------
"Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity" (Bullet Tooth Tony in 'Snatch')
Bjoern's Place (my HT in action, DVD reviews, SPL measurements...) | 'Edge Enhancement' Guide

Trevor H

Second Unit
I don't know if this has been brought up yet (i'm not reading through 11 pages :) ) Has anyone else bottomed out their sub on the THX intro? I have a SVS 20-39CS set 5 db above the mains and I listen at -10 db from reference and it bottomed my SVS big time, no other disc has done this, not even The Haunting dts.
------------------
Trevor Harder
My HT Page
[email protected]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks