What's new

*** Official TOY STORY 3 Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Adam_S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam_S
I saw this a week ago at a preview screening. I was not impressed by the 3D as I was with Up, but the 3D on Night and Day was spectacular. Out of curiosity was there a trailer for next year's Pixar film attached to Toy Story 3? or just a trailer for Tangled?

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Saw it today and enjoyed it. A fitting ending.

The clowns face had me rolling, dont know why it was funny, but I couldnt stop laughing.

Enjoyed Sids cameos, which also made me laugh.

I thought the dump/incinerator scene was just amazing.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
Incredible film...yes, it dragged just a bit early on, but had a triumphant finish. Apparently, Tim Allen is on board for TS4, but I think they should just end it here. What an excellent trilogy, for kids AND adults.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Took my 9 year old and wife today. Realized 3D is a waste for most people. The 9 year old got annoyed with the 3D glasses, and about 1/2 way through watched the rest of the film with them off (in IMAX) Wife said it gave her a buzzing headache (she has had cataract surgery and has contacts) so she did the same. Meanwhile, for the first time in forever, I struggled with mine, as they kept knocking my regular glasses around and the effect wasn't very good. I almost wish I had "clip ons" that would clip them onto my prescription glasses.

Regardless, a good time was had by all ;)

todd stone

Screenwriter
someone posted "One such joke occurs at the end that has been building since the original Toy Story in 1995 and has one heck of a payoff."

WHAT joke was that?

todd stone

Screenwriter
someone posted

"One such joke occurs at the end that has been building since the original Toy Story in 1995 and has one heck of a payoff."

what joke is that?

keithling

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Keith Ling
I love this movie, but it isn't because of the Digital 3D. I'd rather see it as a regular movie. I love the movie for the STORY. Remember, it's Toy STORY 3, not Toy Story 3D with no plot.

I will say that it probably does not have the same effect on men with no children.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Yea I dont agree with that either. Dont have or want kids myself. But I had a great childhood.

And yea Sid was the garbage man (still wearing his skull shirt), shown twice - when Woody thinks the Toys were taken when they were in the garbage bag early on and also at the end. I guess he never broke the habit on banging on things. :)

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
It was terrific. Its hard to revisit a series after so many years have passed, and many sequels aren't successful after 7, 10, or 11 years. So its even more impressive that TS3 is so good.

The end was very powerful - Andy still loves these toys, and it seems to me he wants them back at some point (he says to Bonnie "Can you take care of them for me?"). Also thought Woody putting himself in the box with the others was his way of saying goodbye to Andy and letting him go.

Loved the monkey in the security room. My favorite laugh-out-loud moment of the movie.

I didn't see anything in it as tearful as the first five minutes of Up, but it was still thoroughly satisfying. Pixar's strength, it seems to me, is not the state of the art computer animation, or even the attention to detail, but the writing. In an industry that is notorious for not appreciating the writer, Pixar makes movies with some of the best writing that's ever been taken to the screen.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Was I the only one who laughed hard at the Return of the Jedi pitch of Lotso? I loved all the references to other films, but that one was classic.

Matt^Brown

Supporting Actor
Saw this yesterday with my family for father's day. Everyone liked it and I think we all felt like we would have enjoyed it more in 2D instead of 3D. Those glasses just get on your nerves after a while. The movies was great and it had a wonderful ending. I would be happy if they stopped it at three.

Greg.K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg K.
Originally Posted by Sam Favate

Loved the monkey in the security room. My favorite laugh-out-loud moment of the movie.

I got a kick out of the roulette game with the See-n-Say and Monopoly money. And of course, Mr. Tortilla Head was great.

This installment seemed a little darker/creepier than the first two, I think because it is actually toys who are the bad guys here and not human characters.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
About 5 months ago my business burned down. Luckily, nobody was hurt and we are back up and running again. But, I had stored all my and my kids toys. I also had boxes of my old role playing games there. It was real devestating on me and the family. Even months later we would remember something stored there. My 2 daughters (ages 15 & 12) lost all of their Barbies. Some of them were my wife's when she was younger. Anyway, we saw TS3 yesterday and it made us feel a bit sad again. So I was in the basement and I found a box that I didn't take to the office. It had all of my daughters Polly Pockets & more importantly these mini Disney figures and playsets. The girls loved these toys even more than their Barbies. So when I found it...the girls went nuts. It brought back such good memories for me and them. Since they hadn't played with these toys for over 4-5yrs. The took everything out and sat on the floor of the dining room and set it all up. They played with them for a short time. And it so reminded me of the last scene of TS3 where Andy plays with his toys one last time.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Greg Kettell

This installment seemed a little darker/creepier than the first two, I think because it is actually toys who are the bad guys here and not human characters.

Stinky Pete wasn't enough of a villain for you?

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Greg Kettell

Nothing was creepier than the baby doll staring at the moon and then turning its head around when it heard Buzz and the green aliens.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks