What's new

Official THX Plaque Pre-Order $32 plus s/h (1 Viewer)

Adrian_S

Second Unit
Hey all, I know we always wanted one of these for our theaters... well now you guys can pre-order a THX Plaque at Brandlocker that will ship on 1-20-03 for $32 plus s/h.
I just spent $65 dollars on a Gold THX plaque on Ebay... DOH! :angry:
Here's the link:
Official THX Plaque
I bought one anyway....:D Enjoy!

Brian Johnson

Supporting Actor
Although I have none of the plaques...(yet) I think I would prefer the gold lettering. Matches the DTS & Dolby plauques. Just my .02 =)

Brian

Adrian_S

Second Unit
Brian, I agree. The one I bought on ebay has the gold lettering to match my DTS and DOLBY plaque. If you notice at theaters that are THX certified, they have a brushed stainless steel plaque.

Plus, the THX poster, and the logo are silver, but on the components they are gold?... Hmmm?

Adrian_S

Second Unit
So Steve, what is it? Plastic? Could you elaborate? I am expecting mine on the 27th.

Thanks

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
It's a black MDF base with a metal plate THX logo mounted on it. 3 pounds heavy. I mounted it with double-backed tape.

- Steve

Adrian_S

Second Unit
Are you saying there is no mounting holes, etc? This bites, something that heavy should have some way to mount it.
I have a nice GOLD THX Plaque that I a got off ebay, and I mounted it with double adhesive tape, then on a hot day it, fell off! Boy, was I pissed :angry: , luckily nothing happened to it (carpet saved it), but things like this need a way to mount them, if you know what I mean.
Thanks....:)

David King

Stunt Coordinator
Its junk. They have a hole in the back to hang it on a screw. If you have any equipment even close to THX certified, it will blast it off the wall. Rather ironic I think.
Its an awards style plaque and not a theater plaque.
So I still need a Show off displays style and dobly/dts style. :frowning:

Adrian_S

Second Unit
Wow, this sucks. Maybe I'll have to send the offical plaque back. The one I bought looks like this:

(Admin note - active Ebay link removed, per forum guidelines, try finding an inactive Ebay link with the same photos/details if you'd like.)

Mine is Gold color and matches nicely with my DTS plaque, though I think the "Official" DTS plaque is the best one around in my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks