What's new

*** Official THE WEDDING CRASHERS Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I'm surprised there isn't a thread on this film. It looks hilarious and is getting pretty good reviews at www.rottentomatoes.com

I particularly like the fact that it is apparently a very raunchy comedy, which have been few and faw between lately.

So...any good?

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
I was surprised to hear "Rated R" in one of the commercials for it a few days ago. Seeing as it's the only fun R rated summer movie out so far, I'll definitely be seeing it sometime this weekend, regardless of what the reviews say.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
This thread is now designated the Official Discussion Thread for "The Wedding Crashers" please, post all comments, links to outside reviews, film and box office discussion items to this thread.

All HTF member film reviews of "The Wedding Crashers" should be posted to the Official Review Thread.

Thank you for your consideration in this matter.

Crawdaddy

Bobby*K

Grip
This movie is absolutely hilarious. The R rating makes it somewhat refreshing to see. If you like Vince Vaughn's humor then you will for sure like this movie. He is being himself throughout the entire thing which was great to see. Owen Wilson was a perfect fit for his part, I just truly enjoyed this humor.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Jeremy (Vaughn) being tied down and harrassed by the brother had me howling. The touch football tackles also cracked me up. Bradley Cooper was pretty funny in his role as the amped up boyfriend for Clare (Rachel McAdams).

Jason Adams

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Roger Jason Adams
Was it just me, or did they completely forget about Jane Seymour's character after she got felt up?

But, this movie is HILARIOUS! I was expecting a decent comedy, but this was fantastic. Vince Vaughn said so many funny things at once, it must be watched again to caught all the funny stuff. That was one crazy family...especially the grandmother.

And the Will Farrell cameo was class.

ZacharyTait

Senior HTF Member
This is one hilarious movie. As good as Jackie Chan and Ben Stiller are with Owen Wilson, I dare say Vince Vaughn is even better with him. The way they bounced dialogue off of each other was fantastic.

For a R-rated comedy, I'm surprised there wasn't more T&A, although the language, especially from the horny grandmother, more than made up for it.

Rachel McAdams was awesome. She lights up the screen and commands the camera like few women do on the big screen. Absolutely gorgeous woman. :)

Will Ferrel was funny as usual and did anyone catch who his mother was? None other than Kathyrn Joosten, a.k.a Dolores Landingham from The West Wing.

I can't wait to see this again. I told all my friends last night to see it.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Joosten is all over the TV landscape (Joan of Arcaida, and Desperate Housewives in recurring roles this past season, and numerous guest-starring roles too).

I'd rather have seen Rachel McAdams as Lois Lane in the upcoming Superman movie, she would have been great as Lois.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
I didn't expect such beautiful photography from a movie like this (not the nude scenes, although I'm not complaining about those ;)). One example would be the beach scene with Claire and John. My new actress crush: Rachel McAdams.

Kirk Tsai

Screenwriter
Don't give Vince Vaughn anymore straight roles in comedies, like in Dodgeball; just let him go off and there must be an entertaining movie. He was hilarious and a force of nature in some of the scenes here. The way he delivered his line about hunting to the jerk boyfriend had me rolling.

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
Rachal McAdams is sooooo damn cute...
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

haha:
Vince Vaughn holding a small peice of tissue: "does anybody know what this is for?"
Random Kid: "rolling a fatty??"
:laugh:

Felipe S

Stunt Coordinator

I thought there was plenty... and I'm pretty sure we'll have more when the Unrated DVD comes out.

Rachel McAdams is cute as hell, no doubt about it.

I would've hoped for Chris Walken to be more 'quirky', he was just a straight normal dad.

Jane Seymour's character was kinda pointless.

I dont know why but the kid asking for the balloon was hilarious.

Dinner table scene had everyone rolling on the floor.

and Vince Vaughan steals the show every second of film he's in.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I found that to be a plus to me; Walken is quirky in every role, it's fascinating to see him be normal bordering on warm. A great example of how the film plays on our expectations.

Fun time, good to see a rom-com with some bite to it.

Paul Seyfarth

Stunt Coordinator
I totally loved this movie and have to see it again. I wasn't too sure what to expect, and I didn't know who all was in the movie as they only advertised the main 2. I know I will be buying it on dvd when it comes out for sure. It's been a while since I saw a movie I liked that much and was that funny.

I was trying to figure out where I had seen Rachel McAdams before through the entire movie. She was cute as hell

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Rachel was in "Mean Girls" as the mean blonde girl, as well as in "The Notebook".

Her next film to be released will be "Redeye", co-starring Cillian Murphy (Scarescrow in "Batman Begins")

Greg Thomas

Second Unit
Rachel McAdams looks a lot like Kate Beckinsale to me. At least she does as a brunette.

Enjoyed Wedding Crashers quite a bit. Couldn't figure out how they would end it, thought they did a pretty good job.

Al_S

Second Unit
This movie is hilarious. Vince Vaughn is great but I don't know why Owen Wilson is in here. He is a really bad actor in my opinion. Rachel McAdams looks really different in a good way.

MichelleB

Stunt Coordinator
What an halarious movie. I went to see it last night with a couple of friends and we could not stop laughing, even after the movie was over! So much that I had a cramp. Especially that scene at the table...
I'm a huge fan of Vince Vaughn but especially Owen Wilson, I love everything they both do!

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

Me too. I kept thinking "it looks like her, but she's not in this movie."

And for some reason, I thought Henry Gibson had died awhile ago. :b

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks