What's new

*** Official THE NANNY DIARIES Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
This thread is now designated the Official Discussion Thread for "The Nanny Diaries". Please, post all comments, links to outside reviews, film and box office discussion items to this thread.

All HTF member film reviews of "The Nanny Diaries" should be posted to the Official Review Thread.

Thank you for your consideration in this matter.

Crawdaddy

Josh.C

Second Unit
I saw this today at a matinee and I will have to admit that I really quite enjoyed this film.

My wife had read the book, so I already knew the story line. I thought it told a very eye opening story about how a large number of families in our prosperous country view their children (and others who don't make half a million dollars per year) and the family unit it general. This goes way beyond keeping up with the Jones's.

The sad thing is that I am sure there are many families in our nation that operate exactly like the "X's". Don't get me wrong, I know there are plenty of wealthy people who don't act this way, but probably many that do, and probably don't even realize it.

I thought the acting was great, and I'm growing more and more fond of Scarlett Johansson (not just because she's a knock out). She has a simple way of connecting with an audience that I really enjoy. Paul Giamatti can do anything. I've love him and hated him, which shows me how talented he is as an actor.

B+ or 8/10, and a great way to spend our Sunday afternoon.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks