What's new

The Matrix Reloaded (2003) (1 Viewer)

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
Smith:
Revolutions displays this much better. But Smith is the yang to Neo's yin. Neo wants to save, Smith wants to destroy. It is my postulation that Smith is the systemic anomaly that always threatens the Matrix. His new powers come from his "joining" with Neo.

Neo's abilities:
Neo has to concentrate to modify the Matrix. He has to concentrate to fly, to stop bullets, to save Trinity. He's still a human though, still flawed. He can't do everything in the blink of an eye.

The agents haven't polished off the rogue programs, because well they can't. They don't know where they are, and they are more beholden to the rules than rogues.

The Smith-Neo confrontation is important. Actually very important. Let me REEEEACH back in this thread and:

voila!

Old, but better than what I'd write now.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I think it's helpful to always remember that what's shown inside the Matrix is metaphor, metaphor, metaphor. Once you key in on the character's actions as a function of some sorts, running programs to achieve results, the world inside is actually making the electrons inside take shape in terms of character motivation, choice and action.

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Good post back there Chuck. I've told you this before but you might be the most eloquent writer on the forum. (besides me of course :D)....Good stuff. :)

andySu

Senior HTF Member
Well what can I say about the theatrical presentation of “The Matrix Reloaded” at Bournemouth’s ABC screen #1, in Dolby Digital, that it was just rightful awful the (surrounds) where knankered, as well as the sub bass due to the carelessness of the projectionist at that site turning up the fader on loud films beyond “7” in the past and therefore have broken the sound system!

As I speak now that has been corrected, newer JBL 8330 surrounds have been installed since 2004, and not too sure if the damaged JBL 4645 sub bass 2245 driver was replaced!

All I can say is “The Matrix Reloaded” sounded far better at home with a fully loaded JBL sound system, and that piss poor professional site called the ABC Westover Road can roll over and play dead, what a bunch of DONKEYS those idiots are!

Josh.C

Second Unit
Thanks to all of you for the great explanations. After sleeping on it, and watching Revolutions, much of the things you wrote already made better sense to me before reading them.

I guess I should really hunt up the Revolutions thread to get into detail, but without saying to much I will definitely say that it is the weakest of the series, and the first two were both better for me. This is not completely the fault of the filmmaker's but in my opinion, just not as exciting part of the story. The thing that really makes the movie series work is the concept of the Matrix, and all the things that go on in it. Revolutions didn't have near as much time spent "inside" the Matrix, therefore making it a very different movie from the first two. Added to that, I had a few other issues w/ revolutions for other discussions.

Reloaded most certainly works better for me now, and I will probably give it a third viewing to try to put it all together. I think we can all agree that movie's like these take some time to digest. Lots and lots of stuff going on.

JC

Chris Atkins

Senior HTF Member
If anyone has the big, 10-disc set, the commentaries by the philosophers are an absolute MUST. It can help you understand why Matrix Reloaded was so jarring on first viewing.

Josh.C

Second Unit
With a series like this, commentaries would be very helpful. I'm really curious what all of you thought of "Revolutions"???

Anyone have a quick link to that thread?

JC

Josh.C

Second Unit
Yeah, I know Patrick, I still haven't figured out how to use all of the tools on this forum. I've tried to do searches using a key word, and I never seem to get the results I am looking for. Any advice on what I may be doing wrong.

Thanks for pulling up the thread.

JC

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
The easiest way is to use the "Search This Forum" that's just above the 3 Yellow Announcement posts at the start of the listing of threads on the Movie area. Then, it's a matter of plowing through a few pages of results for older films (you can see the date of the last post for each found thread, so just go as far back as the release period for the film in question).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks