What's new

***Official THE LIFE AQUATIC WITH STEVE ZISSOU Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Really great trailer. Captured the many shades of a Wes Anderson film. It really hinted at all the shades of humor he employs from the very broad to the very subtle. It also hinted at the dramatic undertones always lurking just under the overly-stylized surface.

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
is the release date now december 1, instead of december 25? unless i am getting two different release dates confused. the trailer looks great, i cant wait for this one.
Isn't it just incredible how Anderson has climbed the ranks of status directors who can draw in top acting talent
it sure is, but maybe, apart from making great films, he is just a really cool guy to work with. that can have a lot more to do with it than almost any other factor. whatever it is, it's working.

CJ

Steve Felix

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Steve Felix
I hope the film is more different than The Royal Tenenbaums than the trailer is, but this is my most anticipated movie at the moment.

Sam E. Torres

Second Unit
does anyone know what song is playing at the end of the trailer when it shows the cast one by one? i really want to download it and put it on a mix cd for my girlfriend.

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
It's David Bowie. "Starman" I believe.

Thanks for making me watch the trailer again! Put a big smile on my face.

"Revenge?" :laugh:

Cannot wait to see this movie!

Sam E. Torres

Second Unit
i downloaded starman from itunes...that's not the song, i'm talking about the song the black guy starts singing...i just remember the song playing right after owen wilson sucker punches him.

Jason Adams

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Roger Jason Adams
I like Wes Anderson, but his movies never really grab me. What I do admire is the craft that goes into his movies. I particualy like the style that his films are shot...Anamorphic, heavy use of wide angle lenses, and the fact that the frame is usually busy.

SarahG

Second Unit
Thanks Stephen..

There's also some clips in addition to the trailer at Yahoo movies...they're pretty cool and feature some kick-a** lines.

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
Finally saw the trailer when I saw Friday Night Lights. :emoji_thumbsup: Really looking forward to it.

SarahG

Second Unit
the website link in the first post didn't work for me so I'm postingthis link to the website which has some good stuff too like yahoo does.

Also came across some hilarious shots that someone crafted from the trailer...LOL! Check out this one...

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
It's funny to see so much apparent CGI in a Wes flick. Looks like tons of exotic wildlife and fish done with CGI. Not complaining because I expect it to fit, just odd for his style.

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
The sad thing is, most people will probably dismiss it as being CGI. SHame, because from what I have seen of the stop-motion work, it really is cool - I love that creature that folds in on itself.

SarahG

Second Unit
Yeah from the clips I've seen the stop-motion looks well-done and creatively incorporated. I think this film should be impressive for this reason plus the excellent writing, awesome lines, and killer cast -- love Wes and Bill together....and willem dafoe is always hysterical....

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks