***Official The Brute Force Xbox Thread***

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Paul_Fisher, May 27, 2003.

Tags:
  1. Paul_Fisher

Paul_Fisher Screenwriter

Is anybody getting this game today or tomorrow? I guess the lucky people will be able to pick it up today while everyone else will be getting it tomorrow.

I'm thinking about getting this game, but I'm waiting for a couple of reviews first.

OXM in Australia gave this game a 9.4, which I believe was the best score since Halo. The IGN review *should* be up tonight.

Thoughts anyone?

2. Ricky Hustle

Ricky Hustle Supporting Actor

I have it on pre-order. I'm very excited about this game, and know that I will love it. I don't get too carried away in the hype, ala The Matrix. I'm having very much fun with it, despite the negative reviews. I have a feeling I'll enjoy Brute Force very much. [​IMG]

3. Michael St. Clair

The game sounds very strong, but I'm probably holding out for mostly online games for the XBox at this point (except titles where the primary emphasis is on single-player). If a game is a FPS or a racer, they are going to have to sell me real hard to get me to buy it.

4. Jay Mitchosky

Jay Mitchosky Producer

Is this actually being released? I thought it was still being delayed into June? I'm with Rick, however. Been stung too much by hype without substance. But I've really been looking forward to this title. Actually any 3rd person game is drawing my attention more and more. I'm getting tired of first person stuff and the sickness it induces. [​IMG]

I'm going to make this the official thread as it is likely to gain a lot of attention.

5. Dave.A.C

Dave.A.C Agent

All indications are that it's shipping today, I've seen postings of the game being availabe in some game stores this evening (more correctly stated, somebody called a store where they pre-ordered BF, the store said that it is in and will be available for pick-up this evening).

I'll be checking the place I pre-ordered on my way home from work, just in case.

6. Joel Hurley

Joel Hurley Stunt Coordinator

Jay,
    -It is supposed to be released today from all I've seen. To be sure I checked EBGames.com and they have it listed as releasing today.
    -I'm excited,... though I must admit I was hoping it might turn out to be playable over Live. I'd love to play co-op over Live , that'd be nice, but I'll take a great game anyway I can. Hopefully it does live up to the hype!

7. Dave.A.C

Dave.A.C Agent

I'm hoping that DA put some care and thought into the netcode so that this thing plays smoothly via tunneling software. Co-op on Live would be excellent, co-op with efficient netcode via Xbconnect would be really dang good, co-op with Halo's netcode via Xbconnect would be good.

8. Derrik Draven

Derrik Draven Supporting Actor

Chris
    My local EB guy told me that it -might- be in later tonight; say around 8:30. Definitely tomorrow though.

Pre-orderd it in full. Here's hoping this isn't another Matrix. [​IMG]

9. Joel Mack

Joel Mack Cinematographer

10. Leroy

Leroy Second Unit

Every release date I've seen advertised for B&M's states the release date as the 29th (Thursday). I'm hoping my bud who pre-ordered at EB online will get it before then so I can get some impressions before dropping $50!

11. BrianB

BrianB Producer

12. Derrik Draven

Chris

13. Michael St. Clair

14. BrianB

BrianB Producer

15. Rob_Pierce

Rob_Pierce Second Unit

16. Derrik Draven

Chris
    It's cool. I'm filthy rich anyhow. [​IMG]

17. Scott Bourden

Scott Bourden Second Unit

18. Paul_Fisher

Paul_Fisher Screenwriter

I just picked up Brute Force from Gamestop. I'll put in an hour and report back with my impressions.

19. BryanK

BryanK Stunt Coordinator

On my way to pike it up now. There was a message left for me that it is in, come pike it up. (EB Games)
    Also that they are offering an additional 25% added to any games I want to trade in towards it. (Moto GP) now that I have 2nd.

20. CaptDS9E

CaptDS9E Cinematographer

Rob you sold RTCW?