What's new

***Official "The Amazing Race 4" Thread*** (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Tonight's episode was not in HD in my area.

The look on Reichen face when the clowns snagged the ticket off their horse-n-buggy was classic!

Team Coronary is becoming an inspirational team in the early rounds.

Cindy and Russell had all sort of bad luck with the language barrier that resulted in their ticket mix-up and costed them plenty of time.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Team Coronary
:laugh:

R&C would have gotten booted once they left Europe anyway, as will Team NFL and Team Model. As soon as most people don't understand any English they're all cooked

Terry & Ian survived 'Nam because he'd spent so much time there. His knowlege of the country saved them big time and gave them a big advantage over the others

Lee L

Supporting Actor
Titan TV is often worng about which shows are in HD. Check www.cbs.com/hdtv instead for CBS shows.

Good episode overall, with some nice twists along the way. You gotta watch out for towns in the same country with pretty much the same name. Imagine if there were a Philadelphia and a Philadelph 3 hours away from each other. :eek:

I really am starting to dislike Reichen and Chip. For him to have the balls to get come up to the Virgins carriage and whine about his stupid lip after he completely manhandled a 95 pound girl is beyond the pale. I don;t really have anything against teams wanting to play a cutthroat game (in fact, if I were playing, I would never help another team, ever) or playing a little physical but only if they are willing to come out on the losing end gracefully and take from the other teams what they give out.

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
As soon as most people don't understand any English they're all cooked
It is not only the language, it is often also a culture difference that causes problems.

For example in one of the great races (don’t remember which one) the teams had to get to another town in India. And you can do really well in India speaking only English. One team hired a taxi to take them, asking the driver if ‘he knew the way’. As soon as he responded in the affirmative, my wife and I broke out laughing, because it was clear the he did not have a clue. But no way was he going to give up the chance for a fare (especially when it was white tourists paying). He just stopped and asked locals along the way and got misdirected a couple of times.

All the while the team was complaining, ‘but you said that you knew the way.

Kenneth_C

Second Unit
For him to have the balls to get come up to the Virgins carriage and whine about his stupid lip after he completely manhandled a 95 pound girl is beyond the pale.
Were we watching the same show?

Far from whining about his lip, Chip twice tells Millie "It's not your fault" and goes on to apologize to her: "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to do that. That's what I'm saying." She is then shown busting out laughing at what she did. "I cut his mouth. Oh my God, what drama!" Hee, hee.

brentl

Senior HTF Member
Yep, the carriage mixup was funny.

If you remeber last year and that little "walk VS taxi" mixup near the end you would figure that people would read stuff more CLOSELY.

Brent

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
I agree, I didn't see it as him whining, he was apologizing and wanted to clear up the situations so there wouldn't be residual hostility. At least that's how I understood it.

I wonder if the losing team are still friends, and if she still wants to be "more than friends". :)

The thing about "how many Beethovens can there be" when the guy pointed out he could have lived in more than one place was pretty funny. :)

/Mike

Tim Markley

Screenwriter
I agree, I didn't see it as him whining, he was apologizing and wanted to clear up the situations so there wouldn't be residual hostility. At least that's how I understood it.
Yes, he was apologizing. He even said afterward that he was really embarrassed. IMO he should be embarrassed and he got what he deserved.

I'm not quite sure what happend to the Air Traffic Controllers at the start. They left before everyone but got there last (I think). I was doing some other stuff while it was going on and didn't catch how they screwed up. Did they take the wrong train or what?

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
The ATC guys got to the train station first but talked to a local on how to get to Vienna, Austria. The local told them to get on a train to Padua (?) or some other town but when they got there they found that they couldn't get to Vienna that way and had to go back to Venice or go through another leg. Either way, they immediately gave up whatever time bonus they had at the start and had to play catch up the rest of the episode. Just beating out Russell and Cindy because of their own train mistake.

Jay

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
Oh their ticket was right in the sense that it said ‘Padua’ and that is where they asked to go. What was wrong, was that they accepted bad advice without double-checking.

They got caught in a ‘you can’t get there from here’ scenario.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
Could the ATC guys have gotten to Vienna before the 4pm closure of the sewers if they had gotten on the right train? If they had, they would have been 2/3 of a day ahead.

//Ken

Kenneth_C

Second Unit
Could the ATC guys have gotten to Vienna before the 4pm closure of the sewers if they had gotten on the right train?
I wondered the same thing. But they only had a 2 hour 35 minute start over the other teams and, IIRC, the sewers had closed about 4 hours before any team got to them.

Even if they had somehow made it to the sewers in time, they probably would've run into a closure at either the Figarohaus or the bungee jump.

There's no way TAR wants a team to hold on to a half day lead.

Tim Markley

Screenwriter
The ATC guys got to the train station first but talked to a local on how to get to Vienna, Austria. The local told them to get on a train to Padua (?) or some other town but when they got there they found that they couldn't get to Vienna that way and had to go back to Venice or go through another leg.
Ah, that explains it. Thanks! :) I guess you shouldn't take advice from the locals. :D

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
> Oh their ticket was right in the sense that it said ‘Padua’

I was talking about the people who asked for Gmunden, but got Gmund. If they'd checked the tickets at the window, they should've caught the error & not lost time.

As for the ATC guys, if they thought they needed to go to another station first, shouldn't they still have been able to buy tickets all the way thru to the final destination?

I love how the NFL wives preface everything with "Well, we're NFL wives, so we are used to living in luxury, but..."

It's getting a bit old.

Barry

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks