What's new

*** Official STAR WARS Saga (episodes I to VI) Discussion Thread: Part 4 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Life in the Skywalker house....
Dad, Can I borrow the blockade runner??
htf_imgcache_24664.jpeg

htf_imgcache_24665.jpeg

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
SD_Brian said:
Leia was Luke's father also? That's one wacky family tree ;)
Two potential reasons for the disgusted look:
1)She's remembering that kiss she gave Luke in ESB.
2)She's realizing how lucky she is to have gotten her mother's looks.
i thought that was strange too.:eek:

SD_Brian

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
TravisR said:
Since there's some life in the thread today (and because I have little to no life), I'll note that today is the 11th anniversary of the Star Wars special edition. :)
I'm not sure whether to celebrate or to protest the occasion... :confused:

SD_Brian

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
TravisR said:
whining about them after a decade.
For the record, I wasn't whining:P . I'm actually pretty ambivalent about the whole "raping-of-my-childhood" thing these days.
Besides, like the original theatrical versions before them, these so-called Special Editions no longer exist: The only true version of Star Wars that has ever existed, in fact, was released straight-to-video in November 2004. So, you see, there won't be an actual 11th anniversary of Star Wars until November 2015. Your celebration is extremely premature.

SilverWook

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bill
So, what was screened by AFI for the 30th anniversary last year? As I don't believe film prints actually exist for special edition 2.0 or whatever version we're up to now. :P

SD_Brian

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
SilverWook said:
So, what was screened by AFI for the 30th anniversary last year? As I don't believe film prints actually exist for special edition 2.0 or whatever version we're up to now. :P
No, no, you're living in some kind of crazy time warp :crazy: . The 30th anniversary for the one, true Star Wars won't happen until 2034. :laugh:

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I'll just say, on the occassion of the anniversary of the special edition, that it was quite a thrill back in '97 to go to the movies and see Star Wars on the big screen again, despite the tweaking of the movie.

I maintain to this day that whatever changes were made in the 1997 and 2004 editions, these are the movies we remember from 1977-1983.

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
lol, what was it that lucas said about another movie on the big screen? :laugh:
i know i know live action vs. animated... but still. u have to admit, he's totally untrustworthy. first he said 9 episodes, then 6, then never again, and here we are.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
JediFonger said:
lol, what was it that lucas said about another movie on the big screen? :laugh:
i know i know live action vs. animated... but still. u have to admit, he's totally untrustworthy. first he said 9 episodes, then 6, then never again, and here we are.
I'm sure you've never changed your mind over the course of your perfect life. :rolleyes

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
just doin' me part to revive this thread :D
personally i think SW will suffer franchise fatigue similar to bond towards the late 80s, trek now. there was 2much new trek and bond @one point. i think there'll be "2much" SW from clone wars onwards.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
Amen. There are always going to be SW naysayers on the internet, but I personally could care less what they think. I'm a fan for life no matter what. :emoji_thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks