What's new

*** Official STAR WARS DVD Glitch Thread (1 Viewer)

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben

If that remark is intended to encourage bootlegging (and it sure sounds like it), please take it somewhere else.

M.

Gregory E

Second Unit
I have noticed a glitch or two on my Episode IV DVD. At Chapter 27 around 59:23 (when Obi-Wan feels a disturbance in the Force), the DVD skips or stops. I also noticed a slight skip a couple minutes before and after, but it doesn't happen every time.

This glitch occured on both my Toshiba SD-4900 and my computer with Power DVD.

I'll try exchanging the discs and see if it happens again. I haven't watched Episodes V or VI yet.

:thumbsdown:

Note: the DVD also hangs up at around 1:01:31.

ScottHH

Stunt Coordinator
In Return of the Jedi, Chapter 46 2:18, right after Luke removes Darth's helmet, the picture jumps as Luke is bowing his head.

DeanWG

Stunt Coordinator
I'm wondering if it might not be appropriate to pin down the layer changes on all of these disks and add it to the first post. That will no doubt help a lot of the "stutter" or "pause" glitches we'll no doubt get eventually.

Dave Miller

Supporting Actor
Just got done watching ESB and saw and heard no glitches.

There's a major glitch at the end of ROTJ. Somebody put Hayden Christensen in the movie. :D

For those of you wondering about the layer changes, according to the Digital Bits
review of the Trilogy , here they are:

ANH - layer switch at 63:08 at the start of chapter 28
ESB - layer switch at 58:02 in chapter 27
ROTJ - layer switch at 62:38 at the start of chapter 22

Peace,

DM

Gregory E

Second Unit
Also, I just watched some of Empire. The very beginning stutters right after the text scrolls and the camera pans down. Anybody else have that issue?

Well....they're going back anyway. I just wanted to note it.

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member

I remember, even as a kid watching the original film, several examples of dubbing in the film where an actor's voice would change.

I've only had a chance to watch the first 45 minutes of ANH... I haven't seen anything glitch-wise that I don't remember from the original film.... except maybe all that CGI stuff Lucas jammed in there. ;)

It's a shame about the botched rear channel.. I haven't noticed it yet, but I'll be watching the rest tonight and I'll listen for it. Perhaps I just watch it in 2 channel stereo like it was in the theaters.

ChadMcCallum

Second Unit
Has anyone else noticed Luke's saber change to a green colour just after Alderan is blown up (time code 59:13, the beginning of chapter 27)? I don't think it's my tv since in all other shots its blue or a blueish white and it looks the same on my dvd rom. A user on IMDB's ANH board also has the same problem. If this is a set wide problem then it deffiently needs to be recalled and they can fix the audio problems while they're at it.

ToddJ

Second Unit
I haven't read the entire thread, but has anyone else noticed that in "Return of the Jedi" at around 56 minutes in to it, you can see the outline of Endor through Han Solo's head (when looking out the cockpit of the Imperial Shuttle.)

Also, I think I am the only one, but I do miss the little Ewok song at the end of Jedi...

Dave H

Senior HTF Member

Same with me. I listened to the ending ceremony three times ---- I couldn't tell. I guess my "ears" aren't up to par enough --- which may be a good thing here.

I didn't even think the Tarkin line was THAT bad.

AaronMan

Second Unit
Real Name
Aaron
There is a problem with my set. I was watching A New Hope and started fast forwarding and rewinding. Whenever I would press play to watch again, the player would freeze, the sound would get stuck on a sound effect, yet the counter would keep going. It does this randomly. Is this happening to anyone else?

I have a Pioneer DV-563A.

Pat Underwood

Auditioning
I have a denon 2900 and at 63 min I have a glitch that skips ahead to 66 min 19 sec. It totally skips the capture of the falcon. I am not happy, has anyone else seen this?

Beau

Supporting Actor
On my copy of ANH, several times throughout chapter 26 and 27 the picture just freezes, stays like that while the player makes some funny noises, then goes back to the beginning of the chapter. I've had problems exactly like this with other DVDs before, and most of the time it doesn't happen when I watch it again. I'll try playing it on our other DVD player, but if it still happens, do you think they would let me exchange it for a new copy from where I bought it? Thanks.

Tim Hoover

Screenwriter
I noticed a strange glitch while trying to play the bonus disc on a Panny CP-72. When accessing chapter stops of the "Empire of Dreams" doc thru the menu, it would jump back to the beginning of the particular chapter I selected instead of continuing forward. Anybody else have this problem?

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Reopening after maintenance.

This thread is for reporting glitches. If you're not reporting a glitch, please go to the main thread.

If you've already reported a glitch, there is no need to repeat it. If you have already noted your glitches, please do not post further, especially if all you're seeking is "credit" for reporting them.

And finally, if you have questions or comments about the scope of this thread, please do what the HTF rules require: handle it privately. One poster has already been suspended for failing to to do so. Thanks for your cooperation.

M.

Rob Gardiner

Senior HTF Member
I didn't note the chapter number, but when Obi-Wan says...

...my player (Toshiba SD-M1612 DVD-ROM, PowerDVD 5.0) froze right after "ter-", exactly in the middle of the word. I had to shut down and restart the software. The second time I played it, it paused at that same spot and resumed after a few seconds. I backed it up again and the same thing happened. Pause for a few seconds, then resume. Very strange. No markings on the disc. Seems like a strange place for a layer change, and the cache on this drive always eliminates the layer change anwyay.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Rick Blaine

Stunt Coordinator
It Looks like the commentary track on ROJ is about 1.5 seconds late. I don't know if it is just may player but it looks terrible.

Rick B
:thumbsdown:

Jack Johnson

Second Unit
Lockup/Player freeze to report in A New Hope: at approx 139 min, 20 sec mark.

Sorry, don't have the chapter number at hand, but this immediately follows R2's downlaoding his plans on Yavin. The scene cuts to the Death Star as Tarkin takes an intercom call regarding the location of the Rebel base. The image freezes in the midst of that call, then grudgingly makes it through to begin normal playback again. The freeze occurs consistently on this player after ejecting and reloading the disc, cleaning then trying again...

Here's where I need help:

I only experience this lockup when playing this dvd on an ancient, Sharp DV650U, which might've been one of the company's first players on the market several years ago. I've tried the disc on my PC dvd drive and new Toshiba and it plays through fine. With two players having no issue, would anyone else here at the forum seek to replace the disc, or stick with it and assume the problem has to do with bad error correction on an out of date dvd player, etc.?

Thanks,

Jack

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks