What's new

*** Official 'ROCK STAR' Review Thread (1 Viewer)

cafink

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl Fink
I saw "Rock Star" (with Mark Wahlberg) last night. It was nothing great, but there was a good deal more humor in in than I expected. It was in interesting study of the effect fame and fortune can have on an ordinary guy and his relationships. The parallel scenes, seen from dual perspectives both before and after Wahlberg becomes a rock star were fairly clever.
I wouldn't give this one an overwhelming recommendation, but if you think it looks appealing from the trailers and commercials, I'm sure you won't be disappointed. All in all, "Rock Star" is a fun way to spend a couple of hours.

[Edited last by Carl Fink on September 06, 2001 at 02:54 PM]

Chris Dugger

Supporting Actor
This thread is now the Official Review Thread for "Rock Star". Please post all HTF member reviews in this thread. Any other comments, links to other reviews, or discussion items will be deleted from this thread without warning! If you need to discuss those type of issues, I have designated an Official Discussion Thread which can be found at this link .
Again, without warning, I will delete all posts that are not a HTF member review!
Thank you for your consideration in this matter.
Dugger

[Edited last by Chris Dugger on September 06, 2001 at 06:42 AM]

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
I really enjoyed Rock Star, I just felt it needed another 15 minutes. Spoiler:He left the band too fast and the end seemed rushed in general
I was also ticked that Spoiler: They concentrated on the fact that Bobby was gay instead of irresponsible
Jeff Kleist

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
I also saw this, and thought it WASN'T bad, but WASN'T great either. Pretty average.
What I liked were, the similarities:
Spoiler:with Mark Walberg being kick out of the band, then going to Steel Dragon, and seeing Bobby getting kicked out, with almost the same results(grabbing the things that were his, and storming off mad)
AND
Mark Walberg at the concert of Steel Dragon, standing right up front and idolizing the singer, then near the end when Mark Walberg is on stage signing, he see someone else, idolizing him, exactly like he did with Bobby.
I THOUGHT THAT WAS PRETTY COOL!
I think there is enough half way good things to keep you well satisfied, but also thought the ending was a little rushed.
MY RATING=B-
------------------

steve jaros

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Steve
JohnS.. How can i get those big black spoiler blotches off my reader?
------------------
History can be cruel in its brevity of words

Todd H

Go Dawgs!
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd
Overall, my girlfriend and I really enjoyed the movie. Of course, we are children of the 80's so that could be one of the reasons. I thought the concert scenes were well done and Mark Walberg was very convincing as the lead. I will agree that the ending felt rushed. And was I the only one who just knew that Jennifer Aniston's character's Spoiler:business would be a coffee shop (guess it must have been the Seattle thing)? Still, I'd give it a B. Very entertaining, especially if you grew up in the 80's and were a metalhead like me (I sang in cover bands as a teen myself so I could relate.)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks