What's new

*** Official RESIDENT EVIL: EXTINCTION Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Don Solosan

Supporting Actor
"A minor nitpick: There are close-up scenes where they airbrushed the hell out of Milla Jovovich's face for no good reason..."

They did something similar in Ultraviolet, and it was annoying.

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member

I noted the same thing in my review. Isn't she still the spokeswoman for Cover Girl?

I thought it was the weakest in the series.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
This thread is now designated the Official Discussion Thread for "Resident Evil: Extinction". Please, post all comments, links to outside reviews, film and box office discussion items to this thread.

All HTF member film reviews of "Resident Evil: Extinction" should be posted to the Official Review Thread.

Thank you for your consideration in this matter.

Crawdaddy

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member
I don't quite understand the change in threads. I don't see why we need two threads for a film.

Can we not discuss reviews anymore?

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member

I wasn't but thanks for the info.

Personally, I would have voted against it, as I think it hurts the flow of conversation. But if it is what everyone else wanted, than I guess that is the way it should be.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
So I guess they don't explain what happens to the group Alice escaped with in the 2nd movie? Except, Oded Fehr who know plays a new character. :D

Jose Martinez

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jose Martinez
I dunno, in the beginning of the movie Alice was captured and bound but that was it. My mind kinda wandered a few minutes imagining what could of happened to her while she was knocked out. :)

Lucia Duran

Screenwriter
Me thinks I am going to wait for dvd for this one. I was actually planning on seeing this one as my last film before I move, but now I am rethinking that one.

$83.50 for tickets and concessions is a crime. I'm so sick of the ridiculous cost of theater fun now.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
Netflix finally delivered this. I was satisfied that they repaired the damage that RE2 had done. They upped the budget back to RE1 levels, and it showed. And the references to RE2 were kept to a minumum.

As a human being who loves Milla, I too was bothered by the way they airbrushed Milla's face half the time. We're all adults here. We can survive the concept that people's faces have lines.

Discussion question for anyone who has seen this third film:

WHY was the bad scientist making super-enraged zombies? They kinda didn't bother to explain that. I conjectured that perhaps he hoped the zombies would tear each other apart, or something else useful. But either I missed it or he was just doing it because he was nuts.

I thought this was a fitting end to the series if they plan on not making any more. They can write comic books from this point forward, following any of the new Alices. It was a nice end.

KurtEP

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kurt

Weren't these the same zombies that came out of the shipping container in Vegas? Not sure how he got them dressed up, though.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, they were, but, although he found them useful to fight Alice, it doesn't really explain why he was making them. And yeah, unclear how he got them all matching jumpsuits too.

Lucia Duran

Screenwriter
Just watched this one last night.

As a fan of the series, I enjoyed this one quite a bit. I really liked the feel of this movie almost better than the others. I thought the zombies in this one were much better, although a few things did get me thinking...

*Why was the doctor creating S.U.D.S? I realize they talked about domesticating them in the beginning, but the new breed seemed to have much more strength and abilities. So what were the doctors motives?

*I thought Alice already knew that her blood was the antivirus in the last film. I sort of remember them talking about that in Nemesis, or am I wrong? In this film, she is talking to the computer and discovers that her blood could put an end to all this...so I am confused.

*Why are they cloning Alice? I'm not really sure I understand this at all.

I will say that I really do love how they showed the virus jump species, when the birds attacked them after feasting on infected flesh. Made me think of the book Dead Sea by Brian Keene.

I do hope they go on to make another one and show Alice go after the Tokyo cell with all her clones. That would be a fun movie to watch.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member

Ah, well that part I didn't question at all. They're making more Alices because they're frikkin Milla Jovovich, dude! Who wouldn't make a million of them? You'd be nuts NOT to!

But on a serious note, I think that they did not explain that either.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks