What's new

Official Panasonic DVD-S97 Specs (Faroudja is back!) (1 Viewer)

matt-f

Second Unit
The street price is unknown at this present time.

If we were to look back at the Panasonic press release back in January, it saids $299.95.

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
Hope its reviewed soon, I'm curious how this does. It would be cool for secrets to review it. Still hoping Panasonic or someone else takes the hardware and builds a 5 disc carousel around it :)

matt-f

Second Unit
Here is a picture of the DVD-S97 (courtesy of cxdmn2004 of AVS).

You see the black version and the promo thing on top saids DCDi! Also on the bottom, there is part of the silver version below.

Chris Huber

Second Unit
Didn't see anything about DCDi. Is it in there? Right now I get alot of flicker with my 50$ DVD player. I want that to go away. Does this player have a de-interlacer?

I know the DVD-S97S will come with it...

matt-f

Second Unit
Chris,

Yes it does have Faroudja. Panasonic does have the tradition of not putting the logo's on their unit.

The links above which I posted does say DCDi which is a good hint.

Also look here. If you look at the fold up on top of the black DVD-S97, you can sort of see the DCDi logo on it.

matt

matt-f

Second Unit
Hi Gary,

If you mean OneCall, yes they did have it early this afternoon but it's already sold out as people already ordered and the units shipped out. If you look on the AVS forum, you'll see some pictures of the acutal unit from OneCall.

No reviews yet because it's still too early.

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
Matt, yep, that's the place. I did a quick check yesterday of the usual haunts (Crutchfield, J&R, etc.) and saw that OneCall had it in stock. I had not checked on the status of this player for awhile (since its release has been pushed back so many times) and on whim, I looked again yesterday. This player sounds promising, but at a product weight of just over 5 lbs and no obvious mention of Faroudja in the pdf user manual, I'd like to see a review or two before taking the plunge.

matt-f

Second Unit
chris,

The 2300 and 2310 are slight different things, same as 2301. In general the 23XX is like a FLI2200 and FLI2000 on the same chip. Some improvements as well but I don't know the details.

Since the unit is still under preliminary analysis right now, you can read here.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks