What's new

Mean Girls (2004) (1 Viewer)

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Well, there was an "and Introducing John Cleese" in Splitting Heirs, but that's probably not what you were thinking of. :)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Remember when...

BTW, Lindsay hosts Saturday Night Live tomorrow night (I'm hoping that having Tina Fey there might make the writing a little better than the usual dreck on nowadays on SNL).

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Was I unclear? I know of Tina's affiliation with SNL. I was commenting on Tina perhaps raising the bar, given Lindsay's hosting this week's show.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
East Coasters, Lindsay's about to appear on Conan. I'll have caps afterwards.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Uhh...I think this thread is proving we are what Seaver was afraid of being...

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Lindsay's got some major league freckles on her shoulders and arms (but she had tons of freckles as a child as well, I remember them from "The Parent Trap"). She's got Spock ears too.

Galen_V

Second Unit

There are also a ton on her face, it's just that she has a ton of makeup on to cover them up. Still, I found the movie to be very enjoyable :emoji_thumbsup: (and quite possibly the most crowded screening of a movie that I have ever been to on a Friday afternoon).

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
This thread is now designated the Official Discussion Thread for "MEAN GIRLS". Please, post all comments, links to outside reviews, film and box office discussion items to this thread.

All HTF member film reviews of "MEAN GIRLS" should be posted to the Official Review Thread.

Thank you for your consideration in this matter.

M.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Given the build-up in the movie, when it got to the "I'm Sorry for..." part, I LOL at many of the "apologies".

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
Off topic, speaking of Michelle Branch, did anyone see the MAXIM with her a few months ago? YOWZA!

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
Fun movie. I was confused by one thing: when Regina gets hit by the bus -- a great "from left field" moment -- doesn't Cady say something like "and so Regina died"? Did I hear her wrong or was she just being metaphorical?

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
I'm quite happy to see the flick make a big splash over the weekend. It deserved to be a hit.

Then again, I also thought that about The Girl Next Door, too... ;)

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
The Harry Potter SNL sketch with Lohan basically illustrated one of the predominant themes of this thread. It's good to see everyone's being consistent. :)

Zen Butler

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler
The movie was very funny. I thought all the cast was great. Was Lacey Chabert wearing that ton of make-up for the role? Looked really bad, some sort of bronzer or something.

"You know, it's not required that you make a speech here" :)

solid B+

Rob Willey

Screenwriter
Real Name
Rob
Haven't seen the movie yet, but I will. Just wanted everyone to know that Tina Fey's screenplay is based on a serious sociological study of teenaged girls called "Queen Bees and Wannabes" by Rosalind Wiseman (who went to the same school I did).

So if it helps you "older" guys feel better about wanting to see this movie, just tell yourself "it's based on a serious sociological study." :)

Rob

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks