What's new

The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring (2001) (1 Viewer)

Richard_D_Ramirez

Second Unit
"...not only to behold, but to be held!"
I thought that was the best part, of an otherwise atrocious, BK commercial. Did the BK marketing staff get a sneak preview of the film? These commercials do a disservice to a serious film, in a way, parodying it. :frowning:
I do like that line, however.... :D
8^B

Jon Mercer

Second Unit
I can't believe that some people are whinning about having to wait until Wed. 8PM - I have to wait until Saturday!!! and it's killing me.

Jin E

Second Unit
BTW... got my tix for the midnight showing. Muuuuaaaaahahahaha! MUUUAaaaahahahaha!! MUUUUUUUUUUAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAAAAAAAHAHHAHAHA!! !!!!!

TerryRL

Senior HTF Member
I really hope this movie isn't forgotten in the major Oscar catagories when the nods are announced. I fully expect it to be up for most of the technical awards, but I'd love to see Jackson get a nod for Best Director. I don't think it'll get a Best Picture nod, but Jackson deserves some sort of recognition for all the work he put into this movie.

I'd also like to see Sir Ian McKellen snag a nod. The guy was off-the-hook as Gandalf. My hat also goes off to Viggo Mortenson who was absolutely fantastic as Aragorn.

As it stands now, I think the movie will snag nods in these catagories...

Best Director, Best Adapted Screenplay, Best Art Direction, Best Cinematography, Best Makeup, Best Score, Best Sound, Best Sound Effects Editing, and Best Visual Effects.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
I had ticket for Tue 18th @ 12:20AM from moviefone. When I arrived at the theater last night I was told that actually meant WEDNESDAY 12:20AM :angry: :angry:
SInce I also have tickets for Wed 3PM, I won't bother with the midnight show. So 24Hrs to go for me.
--
Holadem

Artur Meinild

Screenwriter
WOOHOOO!!!!!
My x-girlfriend just called and offered me a ticket for TONIGHT at 24:00 !!!
How's that? :D
I'll give you a review when I've seen it for the second time on the 22th...
I'm so happy right now! :emoji_thumbsup:

AdrianJ

Supporting Actor
Holadem,

All listings are like that for some reason. I called to make sure exactly which night they meant. I think that is why the shows are listed after midnight, so that they are actually on the day of the release. It's like buying a big release CD/DVD at midnight on the day of the release.

James_Kiang

Screenwriter
I was looking at IMDB. On their Top 250 List, Fellowship currently rates somewhat low with only an 8 rating. However, looking on the page for the film itself I see the 9.7. I'm not sure how they calculate things over there so it has me a little confused. What was even more mind-boggling was the breakdown of the votes. The vast majority have rated it a 10 (not surprising given what we've all heard so far) but the largest group of negative votes have rated it a 1! As more people vote it will be interesting to see where it winds up.

BryanZ

Screenwriter
26 hours 30 minutes on the countdown clock for me. :frowning: Then again, 7pm showing for FOTR isn't bad at all. Sure beats getting home at 3:30am and having to wake up at 7 for work.

Artur Meinild

Screenwriter
I'm not sure how they calculate things over there so it has me a little confused.
James, the top 250 list on IMDB uses a "true Bayesian estimate" to calculate the rank. On the bottom of the page you can see the formula! :)
Translated to words, it means the more votes a movie has, the more it's own rank weigths. As soon as more than 10.000 people has voted for LOTR (and it keeps its 9.X rank), it will be in the top 10!
1 hour for me to go, I'll be on my way! Good night Folks! :D

Paul W

Second Unit
James, The imdb top 250 is comprised of only their regular voters. This is why it's ranking is lower than its overall score. Hopefully, the ranking will go up when more regular posters chime in with 10's.

Edit:

I hope I didn't contradict Artur, true they use a wieghted average, but I did see the blurb about 'regular voters only' on that page.

Micheal

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
I'll be seeing it in just under 5 hours!! :p) It has a 10:00pm start time where I am so it will be over by around 1:00am.
Can't wait! Can't wait! Can't wait! :D
I'm hoping that it lives up to half of what I've heard...

Marvin Richardson

Supporting Actor
Well, I wasn't going to take tomorrow off, but the pressure has just been too intense. I'm taking tomorrow off, and going to the 11:59 PM show tonight, the 9:45 AM show tomorrow, and the 9:15 PM show tomorrow night that I already have a ticket for. Do you think going to a three hour movie three times in a 24 hour period is excessive? :D
8 hours 49 minutes!

Anthony Thorne

Supporting Actor
Jeez, two pages of folks listing the hours and minutes they have to wait before they see the movie. I'll come back to this thread in a couple of days to see what you all thought of it. We should be up to page 5 by then... ;)

paul_v

Second Unit
Hmm Rottentomatoes.com has LOTR at 96%...I read the only negative review (out of 23 reviews) and it's really a positive review even though the critic voiced some dislikes. The critic gave the film a B+ for kids and a B- for adults. I emailed rottentomatoes.com to tell them to change that "rotten" to a "fresh" hehe

Kami

Screenwriter
I absolutely cannot wait anymore!!!! My showing starts in exactly 4 hours. I am totally stoked!!! AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll be sure to post my review later tonight, or shall I say early tomorrow morning.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks