What's new

Official **LIVE** Questions Transcript --- WB Chat (March 29, 2005) (1 Viewer)

Andrew Budgell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andy Budgell

This has been my favourite movie since I was a kid. I can't wait to see what they have in store, especially since the first WB release was great (although some features from previous incarnations were missing)!

Andy

Keith Paynter

Screenwriter
God questions tonight. I know Parker had his hands full, but I wish more attention had been paid to kicking off nicknames, especially those who tried to 'yo' get questions in.

Looking forward to Brando's 'Bounty'.

Mike D

Stunt Coordinator
Kudos to John Simon! Much appreciated.

And to Robert for the synopsis. Fine work gentlemen.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert

No answer from me will satisfy you, but I think Warner's plate is full with so many other films that haven't been released yet and revisiting more prestigious films for SE releases.

Crawdaddy

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke

That makes two of us. I'm the one who asked about the Ace Ventura flicks. I thought for sure it was due time to re-release these in their OAR. Guess I presumed wrong. It's very unfortunate.

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
This was my very first on-line chat ever, and I actually got one of the very first questions. I thought it was awesome. Thought Ron and Parker did a fantastic job.

Greg_S_H: Thanks. I figured there had to be some way of turning off the joins/quits, but being my first chat, I was too scared to play around and see if I could find it. Good to know for future use.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Other than last year's chat, I haven't used mIRC since the advent of instant messaging. So, I was a little nervous about playing around with the settings, too, but I couldn't deal with that all night. :)

On the other hand, it does serve as a way to let you know you're still connected. There are a lot of gaps where nothing happens when you turn that off.

RobertM.Fleming

Stunt Coordinator

no they didnt. amazing how every animated series question gets asked over n over with no hope of answer and no one bothers to ask about blade runner.

glad warner did the chat though. perhaps this will ensure that someone involved with the animated projects will always be there in the future.

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
Well I FULLY support them releasing films that haven't yet made it to dvd like The Thin Man films, etc., but as far as I'm concerned films like Kindergarten Cop, The Jerk, Grumpy Old Men, Grumpier Old Men, and any other films that have only been released in pan & scan, haven't been released at all. I'm looking forward to special editions of films like The Maltese Falcon, L.A. Confidential, 2001, Wizard of Oz, etc., but I still would prefer to see films that have never been released in their OAR, before special editions of films that are already available in OAR.

I realize they have their plate full, but an answer like "we're looking into it", or "it'll be a couple of years" would at least show an understanding of how important it is to get OAR versions of these films out. The stock "no plans" answer, really makes me think that (to paraphrase what they said 2 years ago in their chat), they still believe that no one really cares about those titles in OAR (something about who cares about flat comedies if I recall correctly).

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
George,
Like I said, no answer from me is going satisfy you. There is little question that those titles you mentioned are probably down at the bottom of the totem pole whether you like it or not.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
So a person is going to have to purchase a box set in order to get The Wild Bunch?

Joe Karlosi

Senior HTF Member
I couldn't even get to see my name on the screen, and couldn't even attempt to post a YO. But I was able to read the chat, and I must say that while I was disappointed at first, the end result picked up steam and pleased me very much. I got confirmations of a bunch of things I wanted to know about:

BEN-HUR SE Confirmed.

New WIZARD OF OZ SE.

The Nine-Disc VAL LEWTON Set this year.

MIGHTY JOE YOUNG before year's end.

48 (!!!) BOWERY BOYS films in sets during 2006!

(So I was pretty happy with the chat.) :)

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
A sincere public thank you to Ron & Parker for hosting, WHV for attending, and John Simon and Robert Crawford for putting this thread together.

For a classic film fan, a lot of good news came out tonight. Bowery Boys news made my day as did the news on the pre-code films. It's too bad we can't have a dedicated 3 hour session with George Feltenstein (like he has nothing better to do) :) There are dozens of titles that didn't come up that I'm sure would have been asked eventually if there wasn't a time limit.

Agreed. As much as I like would like everything to be OAR; I really would like WHV to spend their dollars on restoring/releasing films that haven't been released at all.

Steve

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
George,
Don't despair totally. I read in the transcript of the last WB chat (or possibly the one before that) that they said Storm Warning wouldn't be released. Their exact words were: "Great film, but no one's heard of it and it won't sell."

Now it's on tap for 2006, and I believe this is almost entirely due to this forum. Nothing changed in the public conciousness about that film since the last chat (i.e, it's not like it got a mention in each of Reagan's obituaries), but it was discussed here frequently. And we know WB reads this forum.

Now that the question of revisting the OAR has been put to them, and if the issue is discussed on the boards, you may find WB realizing a need to revisit those titles sooner than you'd expect.

It's another reason that this forum serves such an important role for film fans.

Derek Estes

Stunt Coordinator
Many great titles to look forward to. I am surprised about some things that were not asked about ie: The unreleased John Ford films, Bladerunner, Busby Berkley etc, unreleased Samuel Fuller-actually i wouldn't expect that one as much as I hoped- etc. I'm sure if the chat could have gone on longer many of those would have been asked. It is very generous of Warners to participate in something like this, and with their vast wealth of films, there are always going to be questions left un-asked. But, it is also re assuring to know that they read this forum on a regular basis, so they are aware of what many of us are waiting for.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I wonder if any of the 2006 releases are going to be rolled out on HD-DVD? It looks like no one bothered to ask. What was the bit about Ultraresolution. Is that how they are referring to their Hi-Def material?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks