What's new

*** Official LADDER 49 Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
Ahh, neat. I was thinking it was going to be the open with fire battle, show some comedic character intros, introduce the love of the story, show bonding between males, kill off a fireman with sad music, then have big fire where they are all heroes.

James_Kiang

Screenwriter
Ladder 48 looks like Backdraft 2004 to me. Good thing I liked Backdraft :).

I don't think they are going to go with the conspiracy storyline though.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
And let's not forget the novice/old/underperforming/disabled fireman who gets to prove his worth in that big final fire.

Naaah. No one would dare to resort to such a cliche in a 2004 flick...

--
H

hanson mat

Stunt Coordinator
Hey James~ That is what I thought Ladder would be too, but imho it is better than backdraft- it is a very different storyline. Surprise, but it is not a typical hollywood "corrupt cop" flick.

James_Kiang

Screenwriter
Good to hear that Hanson. I hope I didn't come across like I was putting the movie down or anything. I actually am looking forward to seeing it.

Still, from the previews, it does look like there will be plenty of the standard plots/characters. As long as it is acted well, though, that doesn't really bother me.

Jason_Els

Screenwriter
Oh and were there flames under some of the shots ala Saving Private Ryan?

The screen at the Loew's theater in Middletown, NY (yeah you!) was sagging in the middle so the picture was slightly concave so I can't tell if the trails were intentional or not.

Also did anyone notice front channel dialogue coming through the surrounds? The pic was in SDDS (which I LOATHE).

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
This thread is now designated the Official Discussion Thread for "Ladder 49" please, post all comments, links to outside reviews, film and box office discussion items to this thread.

All HTF member film reviews of "Ladder 49" should be posted to the Official Review Thread.

Thank you for your consideration in this matter.

Crawdaddy

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks