*** Official KNIGHT AND DAY Review Thread

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Adam Gregorich, Jun 25, 2010.

1. Adam Gregorich

Owner

Adam
    I saw Knight and Day earlier today. I really enjoyed it. It was the perfect Friday afternoon popcorn flick . I thought Tom Cruise was perfect as Roy Miller. He had pretty good chemistry with Cameron Diaz. There were some great action scenes, and some good laughs. Was some of it a bit over the top? Yes, but its what I expect for a summer action movie. Unfortunately my wife wasn't able to attend, but I think she would have enjoyed the show as well.

2. spshultz

spshultz Second Unit

John Ratzen
    Adam, I couldn't agree with you more. It was a fun movie with lots of good action and screen chemistry between Cruise and Diaz. Yes, some things were a little over the top but I didn't have an issue with that at all. And I must admit that I thought Tom Cruise was perfect in this role. I really didn't like his performance in War Of The Worlds but thought that in Knight and Day we were kind of seeing the "old" Tom back in action.

My wife went with me and she enjoyed it as well.

3. MattFini

MattFini Supporting Actor

I really enjoyed this, too.

Plenty of fun action scenes throughout (much more than Iron Man 2) and some great chemistry between the stars makes this a fun time at the movies.

4. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

Ever watch a movie where the characters are watching a movie inside that movie? That's what it was like watching "Knight and Day", where Tom Cruise is playing a spy, Roy Miller, who appears to have gone rogue, leaving a high body count in his wake from his pursuers, and Cameron Diaz plays June Havens, someone inadvertently caught up in Roy's spy drama. The total lack of tension in most of the action scenes, coupled with clumsily written character scenes, the connective tissue of a movie just rendered this an inert exercise in the spy-chase genre of filmmaking without much for the audience to invest into the characters.

I give it 2 stars, or a grade of C.

5. Colin Jacobson

Colin Jacobson Producer

I have to disagree with the positive appraisals. I thought the film was a dull lump of nothing - it never generated any excitement or spark. I also thought there was ZERO chemistry between Cruise and Diaz - both acted like they were playing against puppets and showed no life together at all!

I thought this could've been a fun flick, but it just lacked even rudimentary drama or excitement...

6. Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford Moderator

Robert
    This thread is now the Official Review Thread for "Knight and Day". Please post all HTF member reviews in this thread.

Any other comments, links to other reviews, or discussion items will be deleted from this thread without warning!

If you need to discuss those type of issues then I have designated an Official Discussion Thread.

Crawdaddy

7. Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford Moderator

Robert
    I have to side with the positive reviews in this thread. I had a good time viewing this film and yes, it is way over the top, but it was highly entertaining to me. Also, I thought Cruise and Diaz had good chemistry together which was crucial in me enjoying this action flick.

Crawdaddy

8. DavidJ

DavidJ Producer
    Supporter

David
    We saw Knight and Day tonight and I was entertained-- sometimes that's all you can ask. I enjoyed the practical effects and stunts. To be sure there were plenty of VFX, but it's at the other end of the spectrum from something like A-team that is almost all CGI.

9. Joseph J.D

Joseph J.D Cinematographer

I actually liked this film as well and am a little surprised by the negative reviews it has gotten. The film was funny and full of action....the scene on the plane was just fantastic. I also liked the chemistry between Cruise and Diaz as well. It's just a fun time at the movies as was already said.

10. Tim Glover

Tim Glover Lead Actor

Tim Glover
    I've seen Knight & Day now 3 times.

A very strong 9/10 from me.