What's new

Official KINO Insider Announcements Thread: STRICTLY MODERATED: READ GUIDELINES (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MisterLime

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Coming Soon on DVD and Blu-ray!

The Scar (1948) aka Hollow Triumph
Starring
Paul Henreid, Joan Bennett, Eduard Franz, Leslie Brooks, John Qualen and Jack Webb
Screenplay by Daniel Fuchs (Criss Cross, Panic in the Streets)
Cinematography by John Alton (He Walked by Night, The Crooked Way)
Directed by Steve Sekely (The Day of the Triffids)
9daaed73f457e31518dddab6f3a7fe7a.jpg

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
Another Golden Age classic is coming to 3-D Blu-ray and the announcement will be made next week!

I'll give you one hint: John Payne was originally cast in the lead but was not available due to a scheduling conflict with his work in Edward Small's production of 99 RIVER STREET. Can anyone guess the title?

On another thread, Bob says "Not seen as originally intended since 1953". That could be Sangaree or Those Redheads From Seattle.

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member

The Scar (1948) aka Hollow Triumph
Starring
Paul Henreid, Joan Bennett, Eduard Franz, Leslie Brooks, John Qualen and Jack Webb
Screenplay by Daniel Fuchs (Criss Cross, Panic in the Streets)
Cinematography by John Alton (He Walked by Night, The Crooked Way)
Directed by Steve Sekely (The Day of the Triffids)

Was the original title Hollow Triumph? Hoping we have the original title presentation here.
Either way I'm getting it! I don't recall ever seeing this, but you have me at John Alton's cinematography.

You reference He Walked By Night, I would love to get a remastered blu-ray of that one! One of my faves! :thumbsup:

MisterLime

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Was the original title Hollow Triumph? Hoping we have the original title presentation here.
Either way I'm getting it! I don't recall ever seeing this, but you have me at John Alton's cinematography.

You reference He Walked By Night, I would love to get a remastered blu-ray of that one! One of my faves! :thumbsup:

We acquired the film from Paramount/Republic. Republic had acquired the film as THE SCAR, after its reissue and released it on VHS as THE SCAR. We will include the Hollow Triumph opening title as an extra, but the packaging and opening credit will read, once more, THE SCAR - in my opinion, a much better title.

HE WALKED BY NIGHT is PD, MGM has the needed elements and the only rights available through them is the Blu-ray rights, paying for an advance and a new transfer for just the Blu-ray rights makes it a risky proposition.

MisterLime

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott

The Stud (1978)
Starring
Joan Collins, Oliver Tobias, Sue Lloyd, Mark Burns, Doug Fisher, Walter Gotell, Tony Allyn and Introducing Emma Jacobs
Based on the Novel by Jackie Collins
Directed by Quentin Masters
Stud.jpg

MisterLime

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Joan Collins reprises her role from The Stud

The Bitch (1979)
Starring
Joan Collins, Michael Coby, Ian Hendry, Mark Burns, Sue Lloyd, Carolyn Seymour, Doug Fisher, John Ratzenberger, Pamela Salem and Kenneth Haigh
Based on a Novel by Jackie Collins
Directed by Gerry O'Hara
26_l.jpg

revgen

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dan
HE WALKED BY NIGHT is PD, MGM has the needed elements and the only rights available through them is the Blu-ray rights, paying for an advance and a new transfer for just the Blu-ray rights makes it a risky proposition.

If you guys do decide to take the risk, I and many other Film Noir fans are here to support your efforts.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
If you guys do decide to take the risk, I and many other Film Noir fans are here to support your efforts.
According to Maltin's Classic Movie Guide, this was partially (and without credit) directed by Anthony Mann. Sounds like a cool story. Maybe a kick-starter is in order. I'd put in some bucks.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
According to Maltin's Classic Movie Guide, this was partially (and without credit) directed by Anthony Mann. Sounds like a cool story. Maybe a kick-starter is in order. I'd put in some bucks.

It's a very interesting film. Richard Basehart plays a real weasel who, way ahead of his time, invents a video projector! I think I'll watch the DVD again in the next few days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation690
Recent bookmarks