What's new

Official KINO Insider Announcements Thread: STRICTLY MODERATED: READ GUIDELINES (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MisterLime

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Coming October 18th on DVD and Blu-ray!
Brand New HD Transfer!

The Pit (1981)

• Interview with Star Sammy Snyders
• Interview with Star Jeannie Elias
• Interview with Screenwriter Ian A. Stuart
• Audio Commentary by Paul Corupe of Canuxploitation.com and Film Historian Jason Pichonsky
• Trailer Gallery
Unknown.jpeg

AnthonyClarke

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Anthony
Hi Mr Lime

Is there any chance of a Blu ray release of the 1947 movie 'New Orleans', formerly on Kino DVD?
Yes, it's a flawed movie, with awful racial stereotypes, but still presents us with some wonderful footage of Billie Holiday (the greatest of all jazz vocalists) and the illustrious Louis Armstrong in their prime. It's worth preserving....

MisterLime

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Coming Soon! First Time on DVD and Blu-ray!

Scavenger Hunt (1979)
Starring in alphabetical order:
Dirk Benedict, Richard Benjamin, James Coco, Scatman Crothers, Stephen Furst, Ruth Gordon, Cloris Leachman, Cleavon Little, Richard Masur, Meat Loaf, Roddy McDowall, Robert Morley, Richard Mulligan, Stuart Pankin, Vincent Price, Tony Randall, Avery Schreiber and Arnold Schwarzenegger

Directed by Michael Schultz
scavenger-hunt-movie-poster-1979-1020231488.jpg

MisterLime

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Hi Mr Lime

Is there any chance of a Blu ray release of the 1947 movie 'New Orleans', formerly on Kino DVD?
Yes, it's a flawed movie, with awful racial stereotypes, but still presents us with some wonderful footage of Billie Holiday (the greatest of all jazz vocalists) and the illustrious Louis Armstrong in their prime. It's worth preserving....

Pretty sure its either with Cohen Group or will be with them soon. So to answer your question, not from KL.

Justin Ray

Second Unit
Real Name
Justin Ray
Any plans to release A Tree Grows in Brooklyn on Blu-Ray? I know Fox released this title as part of its Kazan at Fox Blu-Ray collection, but it never received an individual release like many of the other Kazan titles in the set.

MisterLime

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Coming October 18th on Blu-ray!

The Laughing Policeman (1973)
• Audio Commentary by Lee Pfeiffer, Ppublisher of Cinema Retro Magazine with Film Historians Eddy Friedfeld and Paul Scrabo
• Reversible Art
• Trailer

Note: We're trying to interview two LAUGHING POLICEMAN supporting actors. Cannot confirm at this time.
738329206598.jpg
738329206598_B.jpg

MisterLime

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Any plans to release A Tree Grows in Brooklyn on Blu-Ray? I know Fox released this title as part of its Kazan at Fox Blu-Ray collection, but it never received an individual release like many of the other Kazan titles in the set.

A Tree Grows in Brooklyn is not currently with KL.

Louis Letizia

Supporting Actor
I would assume Kino now has the Melvin Si.on library due to releasing Scavenger Hunt which Mr. Lime inferenced are no longer with Fox? But would these include the non Fox Melvin Simon films like When A Stranger Calls which could use a bluray upgrade? And with the announcement of The Laughing Policeman can its 1973 stablemate The Seven Ups be far beHIND?

Carcosa

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Robert Barr
Coming Soon on DVD and Blu-ray!

The Man Called Noon (1973)
Starring
Richard Crenna, Stephen Boyd, Rosanna Schiaffino, Patty Shepard and Farley Granger
Based on the Novel by Louis L'Amour
Directed by Peter Collinson
View attachment 32838

Wow...this one is right out of left field. Very nice! As can be seen by my icon I'm a Louis L'Amour fan :)

MisterLime

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Coming Soon on DVD and Blu-ray!
Brand New 2K Restoration!

Seven Beauties (1975)
Starring
Giancarlo Giannini, Fernando Rey and Shirley Stoler
Cinematography by Tonion Delli Colli (The Good, The Bad and The Ugly, Once Upon a Time in the West)
Written and Directed by Lina Wertmüller
Nominated For 4 Academy Awards: Best Actor, Best Director, Best Original Screenplay and Best Foreign Film
beauties movie poster.jpg

Ed Lachmann

Screenwriter
Real Name
Edmund Lachmann
Wow, great news! Kino gave us gorgeous blu-rays of Love and Anarchy, All Screwed Up and, my all time favorite, Seduction of Mimi. I was hoping that Seven Beauties might be coming. Maybe Swept Away will be soon too, if dreams come true.

MisterLime

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Excellent news about SEVEN BEAUTIES! Hopefully we will see SWEPT AWAY ..... that would look stunning on BluRay

Wow, great news! Kino gave us gorgeous blu-rays of Love and Anarchy, All Screwed Up and, my all time favorite, Seduction of Mimi. I was hoping that Seven Beauties might be coming. Maybe Swept Away will be soon too, if dreams come true.

We will also be releasing the following on Blu-ray and DVD: Swept Away (1974), Summer Night… (1986), Ferdinando and Carolina (1999) and the newly produced LW documentary Behind the White Glasses (2015).

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
I'm in for Seven Beauties and Swept Away. Already have the previous box set that included Love and Anarchy, All Screwed Up and Seduction of Mimi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks