What's new

*** Official "JEEPERS CREEPERS" Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Norm

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Norm
I love the fact that this movie wasn't full of Gore, I'm sick the typical Slasher Gorefests, all gore and no substance.
star.gif
star.gif
half.gif

------------------
Christopher Reeve Paralysis Foundation
http://apacure.org/

[Edited last by Norm on September 06, 2001 at 03:59 PM]

Wes Ray

Supporting Actor
Michael*K:
Spoiler:So you've seen a face without eyes in real life to know how a phony one would look? :) Come on. On one of those sick reality videos (Traces of Death, I think. Not Faces of Death. Traces actually has all real stuff and nothing staged) a guy got hit by a car in plain view and dragged across the ground. To me, it looked fake. He just went limp as soon as he got hit and looked like a frail dummy of some kind. It ended up not being fake, as the ambulance, police, and so forth showed up and tried to give the man medical attention. Things just look weird on video sometimes. I thought the eye-less face effect was rather well done and creepy. It just sits there with music playing in the background. Freaky stuff. You rarely see that in horror films today.
Just my thoughts. I could be wrong. :)
[Edited last by Wes Ray on September 07, 2001 at 12:08 AM]

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
I enjoyed this one as well.
One of the better horror movies in the last while. This one works through the power of suggestion.
Another strong point was the use of sound effects.
star.gif
star.gif
star.gif
out of 4.
------------------
Every man is my superior, in that I may learn from him.

kevin_tomb

Stunt Coordinator
wow Ive got really mixed feelings about this movie. It started out fantastic with the truck chasing them etc and even going back to the church was suspenseful and mostly believable (hey it is horror and they are kids) I thought the whole underground sequence was really good and scary. The music and photography was good also.

Where the film totally lost me was when the creature attacked the police officers and killed them....To me the movie went from a good tight suspense film to a run of the mill "monster is gonna get us all" movie. Then on top of it the creature can FLY !!!!...THis left so many plot holes it was sad to watch after that...

You mean to tell me a creature can have hundreds of bodies buried underground and NOONE has ever questioned why this guy is in a truck dumping bodies in broad daylight?? This surely couldnt have been the first time hes done it right?

If this creature can fly why does he let the kids car hit him at all then..why not just fly upwards???

One scene the police get a call and say the church is totally engulfed in flames...you mean to tell me his secret is out just cause these kids happened by at the wrong time of day....LOL

Users who are viewing this thread