What's new

*** Official "JACKASS: THE MOVIE" Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
Getting Bam's mom to say f*** has to be one of the most crowd pleasing moments in recent memory. There was sound system-eclipsing applause when she finally says it.

Dean DeMass

Screenwriter
"You blow that horn again, and I'm going to kick your ass."

"Ok sir, sorry"

The golf bit was awesome.

I still laugh out loud thinking about the sea cucumber, damn that was funny.

-Dean-

Mark Pfeiffer

Screenwriter
If ever there was a movie that is critic/review-proof, this is it.

I'll join Mark Palermo's camp on this one. Dreadfully unfunny. Then again, I'm sure fans will lap this up.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Was the "golf bit" that people are referring to about them being on a golf course blowing a horn when people are trying to hit? If so, a skit just like it was done on a comedy show in Sweden that was aired in March (IIRC) of this year. I wonder who was "inspired" by who?
If the golf bit WASn'T like that, never mind what I just said. :)

Mattias Stridsman

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mattias
Yes, a sketch with a guy with a horn (posing to be from the Salvation Army) and some quick-tempered golfers was aired in a program called "Ursäkta röran" ("Excuse the mess") here in Sweden. The sketch can be found here: http://www.tv4.se/media/ram/tv4lidingogolfbana.ram (Requires real-player)
Sounds very similar to the Jackass-thing, but it's probably a coincidence.
I've watched a couple of episodes of Jackass on MTV, and I thought some of the things were hysterical while others were so-so... Doesn't it get a bit tiresome to watch 90 minutes of stunts and sketches in a row? No?

Jeff_Standley

Supporting Actor
I saw it on the opening night and never laghed so hard in my life. The theater was apcked also. Jackk-ass the movie is number one at the box office now. 22.? Million

Steve Russell

Stunt Coordinator
Saw it Saturday night.Not having seen the tv show I didn't know what to expect. The trailers looked retarded. I'll have to say that some parts were hilarious, others "different" and finally some just revolting(snow cone, toy car). One thing came to mind, live action Beavis and Butthead. Wouldn't say it was a waste of money but I'm glad I went to the matinee.

Steve Russell

Stunt Coordinator
Here all shows before 6:30pm are considered matinees at the local celebration cinema. Saw the 6:30 show, I consider that Saturday night.

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
I thought the movie was paced extremely well. It actually got funnier every second. There's something about trampolines and ceiling fans that get to me. :laugh:

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
I was dragged to it this weekend

That's my bowling alley! (not kidding, there can't be another Wynnewood Lanes in the Philadelphia or LA area with the same ugly white and green lockers)

There were 15 good minutes, the rest was just crap. I was bored with them jumping into cacti, totally dull

The few things they did do that were great got overshadowed by the rest of it (alligator in the kitchen was fabulous)

If just seems like they made a move so they could shove things up their ass

Jackass is shot on DV camcorders, so most likely it will be 1.33:1. Johnny Knoxville said they didn't use film for the movie either
Then Johnny Knoxville or the credit makers are clueless. There's a credit for "16mm film unit"

For the record, the cameras they were using for the roving crew were Canon XL1s(a favorite in the video community) Canon GL1s and one of the smaller Canon DV models I couldn't identify

Matthew_S

Second Unit
add me to the list of "I've never laughed so hard for 80 minutes straight." Go see this, you'll cry.

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
I laughed so hard, I was crying. I didn't miss an episode on Mtv and this was the icing on the cake. Now that I think of it, there wasn't a single scene which didn't have me laughing. I'm going back tomorrow night to see it again. :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

Dean DeMass

Screenwriter
Then Johnny Knoxville or the credit makers are clueless. There's a credit for "16mm film unit"
I supposed I should have mentioned that for "The Son of Jackass", Knoxville said they used film. So that credit may have been for that. I'm not for sure though.

-Dean-

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
I thought one of the best moments would have to be the pee in the snow cone deal. What's funny isn't the fact that he's peeing. I cracked up when you see the sideview of the snow cone and the big gaping hole that's there from where the piss made contact with the snow.

Tom Rags

Supporting Actor
I wonder how much foley artists added to the movie? Were any used? Some of the laughs may be cheapened if the sounds were embelished (such as the crapping in the toilet at the plumbing store..unless there was a microphone in the toilet, there is no way the mic is picking up stuff that loudly). There were other examples, but I can't remember at the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks