OFFICIAL IST (Mach Audio) 21" push

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by kryptonitewhite, Apr 21, 2011.

1. kryptonitewhite

kryptonitewhite Stunt Coordinator

$300 commitment per driver and need to have 8 sold before he buys all the parts needed.

"The finished units should have 34mm one way Xmax with an Fs at around
    16-18Hz. Qts should be around 0.5 using the same motor for the new 18"
    coming out"

email Mark at sales@istonline.ca

Mods, I don't know how these things work.. permission and so on. If it's an issue please PM me!

2. Robert_J

Robert_J Lead Actor

Robert
    It takes a lot for someone here to commit to a cheap sub build with a 12" driver. I'd do it if I wasn't in the process of building four 15's based on TC Sound 3HP neo motors and four 12" LMS subs based on TC9 motors. And not that I have anything against Mach Audio, but the guys at Incriminator are just over the state line if I want a 21". I'd probably go to PSI and just get him to custom build me one. I can even go to his shop and watch it being built.

3. kryptonitewhite

Nick over at Incriminator is awesome, I didnt get his reply to purchasing 2 of his modded DP 21's until 2 weeks after I ended up purchasing 4 more IB3 18's instead. I about died when i got the price quote, I'd have 2 21's in the towers right now if I heard back before I went with the 18's.

Nice sub motors BTW. Id be a TC guy if I could afford to.

4. Robert_J

Robert_J Lead Actor

Robert

I've been collecting for years. I have 3 Stryke AV series 12's that are really TC2+. I have an Elemental Designs E10k.44 (TC2+ with the flat cone). To round out the TC2+ drivers, I have a motor that I picked up in a trade, 12" basket from PSI, aluminum cone from someone else, voice coil from a guy that works at AE Speakers (formerly Stryke Audio) and spiders from someone else.

I picked up a pair of TC OEM 12's (TC9 variant motor) when they were at blow out prices. Then I picked up 8 TC9 motors from the factory right before bankruptcy. 7 were from eD 12A.22's and an odd one. Four became IB 18's with recones from Scott at Fi. One became a 12 on a Ti basket with parts from Robot Underground. The remaining 2 are going to be part of the LMS subs mentioned above. While we are on LMS, the other 2 will be using ssacket OEM motors since they are like a 3 slug TC9. I traded the odd TC9 motor for an eD 13Av.2 basket and bought 3 more.

A few years ago, I picked up 4 3HP neos and 2 3HP regular motors from Ebay when Lightning Audio was liquidating them. I added a pair of 15" TC-3000 top assemblies to the regular motors. I've picked up blown 15" top assemblies over the years and finally have the 4 I need for the neo motors. Cones for these and the LMS come from Sundown. Coils from a guy in San Diego. Spiders from someone else.

I recently traded some sonosubs based on TC db-500 drivers to a guy for a dual 2 TC-3000.

Finally, I used a TC7 motor that was attached to the Ti basket used in the RU build above along with a TC-2000 coil/spider assembly, an odd basket and a Sundown 12 cone to build the sub in the video below. That's my TC Sounds history.

That isn't me in the video. I traded that guy for a classic Rockford Fosgate car amp.

5. kryptonitewhite

I think that video was posted under ROE and I commented on it a few times :)

I envy your collection, wonderful stuff you have. Wouldnt mind some LMS ULTRA 5400s myself.

6. Robert_J

Robert_J Lead Actor

Robert
    The online sub crowd is relatively small. You can see the same names at different forums. I follow you at AVS more than here.

It has taken years to collect those subs.

7. kryptonitewhite

Do you have build logs, pics, and vids? Lot easier to put a system to a name :)

8. Robert_J

Robert_J Lead Actor

Robert
    Build logs? Systems? Not in my car. My wife's car is bone stock. My 16 year old Maxima has a head unit and coaxials from Pioneer. I've been meaning to add a sub for the last 5 or so years but home theater kept getting in the way.