What's new

*** Official IRREVERSIBLE Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Ever since I saw the trailer for "Irreversible" in front of "Talk To Her", I've been hoping this would show up soon, so I will also make an effort to see this film when it shows up in Atlanta.
What a choice. One of the most beautiful films of recent years and the absolute ugliest.

I have to interject a different view in this thread. I most definitely do not think this is a great film. I prefer it to something like Natural Born Killers, (which I think is crap) and, well, interesting, but definitely not great. It's controversial and shocking, but that's about it. To tell the truth, I think that being excited about seeing this movie is more than a bit sick. I don't object to it and I in no way equate it to Requiem for a Dream, but more to something like Saló. It is the first time I have come away from a movie wondering if there was really any need for it to be made. I never thought that would happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks