What's new

Official HTF HD Review: The Bourne Identity (1 Viewer)

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
ronsreviews_covers_85325.jpg">

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
This film was a revelation of sorts when it came out. (I owned the first - TV - version too.) I'm very happy to get it on HD DVD!

Thanks for the review, Sam.

Cees

Douglas Monce

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Douglas Monce
I agree completely about Ucontrol. Every time I use it I feel like some kind of monkey in a Pavlovian experiment.

I have the original Mini from 1988 on DVD also. It's interesting, somewhat closer to the book than the new films, very much a product of the 80s. Good score by Laurence Rosenthal. A surprisingly big budget feel for a TV movie. All and all not bad.

Doug

ppltd

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Eisenmann
OK, you have my curiosity tweaked. What is the name of the mini-series?

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Nice review Sam....looks like we pretty much agree on the tech aspects. :)

Hopefully Universal will release a trilogy box set for we suckers who love to re-buy movies. :D

Paul Arnette

Senior HTF Member

The only way I would consider re-buying them in a box set was if they were 1) done with lossless sound, and 2) was the only way to get Ultimatum as a non-Combo Format release.

Damn it, Paul, why are you giving them ideas! :D

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Yes, it was called The Bourne Identity. :)

I liked that version, Sam. Although by then I was no longer such a big fan of the main actor. :)

The new version is certainly better (it's basically the same story, based on a novel by Robert Ludlum), but when I watched the 1988 version again after seeing the 2002 film, I was surprised how good it actually was. Even Richard Chamberlain, I must say.

It's a long "film" and it shows its origin (TV 2-episode series) and time period, but it's certainly fun (and some beautiful European scenery)!

Cees

ppltd

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Eisenmann
Paul thanks for the info. I looked up Bourne Identity on TVTome.com but couldn't find it listed prior to asking the question. Never thought to look it up on IMDB.

ppltd

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Eisenmann
Thanks for the head-up but I was able to secure a copy at DVD Empire. Now all I have to do is wait for it to be delivered.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zionaesthetic
Recent bookmarks