What's new

Official HTF HD Review: Hot Fuzz (HIGHLY Recommended!) (1 Viewer)

ppltd

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Eisenmann
Sam, for what it is worth, High-Def also agrees with your assessment on the PQ of this title.

:emoji_thumbsup:

Mike_G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike

Amen. Same here. You'd think that they would have learned their lesson by now. If you add up all the useless SD sides I would have bought since I started buying HD-DVD, I could have gotten a free movie by now. Sorry, no, I'll wait for this on HD cable or a standalone disc.

ppltd

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Eisenmann
Not meaning to point any fingers, because I have been as guilty as the rest, but can we get off of the Combo issue in just one thread? This is a thread to discuss the title, not the positive or negatives of Combo's which has pretty much been talked to death. Every new title release from Universal is going to be a Combo; deal with it. I think most of those on this forum knows everyone's opinion for or against Combo's.

Let's get back to discussing a release that High-Def digest has given a 5 star Overall rating, the first in their reviewing history

Tim-H.

Second Unit
Real Name
Tim-H
I love these guys, from SPACED to SHAUN to this (although this was a bit too long - all good stuff, just not as tight as SHAUN). One feature the SD side has that the HD doesn't is "Fuzzball Rally", documenting the 10-city US preview/press junket before the official premiere. I was at the NY preview hosted by Kevin Smith, which was fun. Worth flipping for - although I wish I didn't have to!

MattFini

Supporting Actor
Got my copy in the mail last night...am planning to screen this for some friends who've never seen it tonight.

Took it for a test drive this morning and the quality is simply astounding. This could be the most impressive HD release to date, IMO.

Averry

Second Unit
Real Name
Andrew
So, I guess I dont' understand.

Is a HD-DVD combo a double sided disc, one side HD, one side SD, or two discs, or some weird form where all the info is one side?

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Nice review Sam....looks like it's a great disc from reading your review and the one at highdefdigest. Looks like amazon shipped mine out today as they sent me the email eventhough today is Sunday. Should be here by the end of the week. :)

ppltd

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Eisenmann
Tim, It is well worth the wait. Although it is a great comedy action film, it is also by far one of the best transfers I have seen in either format, and that includes POTC. Universal has done a masterful job on this.:emoji_thumbsup:

Mike.B

Stunt Coordinator

It is double-sided with the HD version of the movie (and most of the extras) on one side, and the SD version on the flip side.

Jari K

Senior HTF Member
Apart from the fact that this is a "combo", it seems to be a great package. Looks like it includes ALL the extras from the UK DVD (which is loaded) + some exclusive extras I believe. Cool film, very visual and also funny.

Jari K

Senior HTF Member
Hot Fuzz is now also released in the UK (6th August 2007). It´s not combo. Just to let you know.

Paul Arnette

Senior HTF Member
I haven't had a chance to watch this yet because I have literally been through three copies of this HD DVD trying to find one that isn't scratched up. Is anyone else having this problem? Perhaps it is just my bad luck, but another thing I dislike about these Combo Format discs is it is another side to potentially get scratched. It boggles my mind how discs with huge inch-and-a-half scuffs make it past QA.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
You know what would be really funny? People who pay more to import it from the UK because they dislike paying for the DVD side of a combo on principle.

PerryD

Supporting Actor
Watched my copy from Netflix last night, got 2 or 3 stutters about halfway through the movie and then around 1 1/2 hour point, the movie froze, although the display on the player kept counting ahead.

This was my first major hangup (besides the usual jitter I get every other movie) since Children of Men. I'll be so glad when the Gen3 models come out, I'll be happy to toss the A1 out. After the movie froze, and I waited for a minute hoping it would unfreeze, my wife says, "I'm going up", and I'm left dorking around to get the movie going and then watching the last 30 minutes by myself. Thanks Toshiba.

Jari K

Senior HTF Member

Just passing the word. There are people who will buy this from the UK, we have many many people living in Europe, you know. And yes, free of Combo annoyances. ;)

Not sure that are all the extras included in the UK-version, though (DVD-side has one 30 min documentary).

Jari K

Senior HTF Member

I hate to mention this, but Blu-ray titles just don´t get scratched!:
http://www.busrc.com/forum/viewtopic...53de65a042d594

htf_images_smilies_banana.gif

(sorry, a bit tired at the moment)

ppltd

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Eisenmann
Watching a double feature of Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz ended up being one of the funniest double feature night's I have had my home. Looking forward to reading your review on this very funny title.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks