What's new

Official HTF HD Review: Eternal Sunshine of the spotless mind (1 Viewer)

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
ronsreviews_covers_81558.jpg">

Martin Teller

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin Teller
I just watched this last night actually. It looks good, but it's not exactly a "demo disc". To be honest I didn't notice any significant improvement over the regular DVD, but it's been a while since I've seen it.

One cool thing that I haven't seen on any other disc yet: when you pause, rewind or FF, a progress bar appears at the bottom, showing how far into the movie you are. Neato.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
What did you think of the surround mix? I thought that was much more impressive than the visual side, which as noted looked pretty good to me.

ppltd

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Eisenmann
Sam,

Thanks for the review. I have not received my copy yet and am very much looking forward to viewing it. This is one of the few Jim Carrey films that I really enjoyed.

Martin Teller

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin Teller

Oh heck, I don't know. I watch all my movies with headphones on, on rare occasions I'll use the TV speakers. Fancy-schmancy audio stuff never matters to me.

Rob Tomlin

Senior HTF Member
Even though it doesn't sound like the PQ is great on this one, I will probably still pick it up because I love the movie so much.

Rhoq

Supporting Actor

I was pleased with the PQ, personally. Darkly lit interior shots and outdoor night scene have a lot of visible grain, but everything else looks great.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks