What's new

*** Official HARRY POTTER AND THE PRISONER OF AZKABAN Review Thread (1 Viewer)

Chris Atkins

Senior HTF Member
HARRY POTTER AND THE PRISONER OF AZKABAN

:star: :star: :star: :star: 1/2 out of :star: :star: :star: :star: :star:

I loved the first two movies (would rate CoS a bit higher than SS) and I also loved the third.

At first I thought that Cuaron's style would be an unwelcome change from Columbus', but instead it is a nice new vision of this universe. I wouldn't call it a "breath of fresh air" because I really enjoyed the first two movies.

The biggest plus of the movie is the score. What a difference a conducting John Williams makes. This is not only my favorite of the HP scores, but one of my favorite of Williams scores as well. Just remarkable. I bought the CD and cannot stop listening to it.

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover

Thanks for the heads up on the soundtrack Chris. :) Guess I need to get my ears cleaned out as I can't recall the soundtrack that much and I've seen the film twice. Based on your cd review, I'll have to pick this up.

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover

Thanks to Chris Atkins for this soundtrack review. I picked this cd up just prior to our long drive to Colorado. Wow. Definitely a winner and among the best soundtracks I own.

Who would have thought that a Harry Potter soundtrack would contain a track so beautiful. But track #7 Window to the Past is drop dead gorgeous.

Other highlights:

#2 Aunt Marge's Waltz....just a fun cue that fully compliments the scene.

#5 Double Trouble....nice little choral cue

#6 Buckbeak's Flight....also very pretty and fitting

#7 Window to the Past...truly gorgeous!

#11 Hagrid the Professor....fun

#13 Quiddich, 3rd year....also good

#21 Mischief Managed....a combined track of the score's highlights.

Really good stuff here.

:emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks