What's new

*** Official "HALLOWEEN: RESURRECTION" Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Esten

Supporting Actor
I've heard rumors that Busta is supposed to be on Smackdown! and The rock is going to tell everyone how great it is.
:eek:

Chuck L

Screenwriter
Alex...I enjoyed H20 very much. My only complaint about the film still is that it is too short. I also personally feel that it should have truly been the end of Meyer's...I am so against the latest film...but I will see it so that I know what I am bitching about instead of talking out of my ass.

Anne M

Agent
I'm going to see it because that's what my theater is sneeking tonight, and that's only because Road to Perdition is "too long to watch at midnight." Who knows, it could be good. I must confess, I've never actually seen any of the Halloween movies, so I'm going with an open mind. :)

Esten

Supporting Actor
My theater isn't showing it:frowning: Figures.
I guess i'll have to wait for DVD.
I read one review that said it made "Jason X look like Citizen Kane".Gah!
Maybe it's a good thing my theater didn't get it.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
I figure it's a win-win. If it's bad, it should be so bad that it's funny...and if it's good, well...it's good.

I'm gonna check it out after work.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Even Season of the Witch was better than the rest of the sequels.
Michael obviously died in Halloween 2.He was burnt to a crisp.
I always felt they should have left Michael dead and explored other opportunities that Halloween could have provided.
Urban legends,a copycat,a different serial killer,etc would have been more interesting than seeing the horrific sequels 4-H20. Michael getting arrested and busted out of jail by a guy in cowboy boots?!?!?!? WTF is that?
The reason why the real Michael didnt get decapitated in H20 is the single worst Ive ever read in my life.

On the plus side, the guy playing Michael looks the best since the first 2.

Sorry if I ranted, but the oiginal is a Holy Relic to me, and I dont understand why these movies continue to get made.

rhett

Supporting Actor
I am a huge fan of the Halloween series, but unfortunately my expressed enjoyment of the series has been reduced to guilty pleasure since the second installment. We are not getting Resurrection it in my city, but I will be driving over to the nearest one to see it in glorious 2.35:1. Rosenthal may not be a good director, but Halloween II looked good at least, and that is what I am expecting here. I think with a scope aspect ratio visual scares can be greater manipulated throughout the frame. Michael Myers hasn't been in scope since the 2nd film, so this could be a refreshing visual experience.
Jamie Lee Curtis is awesome, and I can't wait to see what happens with her character, and how the film explains the ending of H20. For the record, I did enjoy H20, I thought it was a whole lot better than Part 6 and about in the same league with the other sequels. Short and slight, but Jamie Lee was great.
H:R should be decent though, and this will be the first time I will have had the priviledge of seeing a Halloween film in the theater, so I am kind of excited. A Jason film and a Michael film in only a matter of months, slasher fans should be tickled pink.

Esten

Supporting Actor
I am a huge fan of the Halloween series, but unfortunately my expressed enjoyment of the series has been reduced to guilty pleasure since the second installment. We are not getting it in my city, but I will be driving over to the nearest one to see it in glorious 2.35:1. Rosenthal may not be a good director, but Halloween II looked good at least, and that is what I am expecting here. I think with a scope aspect ratio visual scares can be greater manipulated throughout the frame. Michael Myers hasn't been in scope since the 2nd film, so this could be a refreshing visual experience
Rosenthal said they shot in Super 35,so i don't know how good the movie will look.
I've seen a dozen or so Super 35 movies in theaters,and they looked... meh.
Hopefully it looks good.:)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Interesting, I didn't know Jamie Lee Curtis pushed to get 'H20' shot in the 2.35:1 AR.

Personally, I hate it when a director who used to shoot anamorphicaly, changes and shoots in 'Super 35'.

It seems as though more and more films now days are being shot in 'Super 35', i'm sick of 'Super 35', I want to see some 'Scope' films now and then.

I'm not dissing 'Super 35', God knows i've been down that road before, i'm just saying I want a little variety every once in a while.

Esten

Supporting Actor
Is the cost really that much higher between anamorphic than Super 35?
I read somewhere that Super 35's optical process can put up to $100,000 onto the budget.I wouldn't think anamorphic lenses would be that much more to rent.
I also heard that you come into the most problems when shooting with anamophic in the shooting stage.Also,that Super 35 has the most problems during post-production.
So,i assume most directors/DoP's that shoot Super 35 do it because it takes less time to set up etc.
Blargh.I'm sort of not making sense.I'll shut up.;)

Bill Harris

Stunt Coordinator
Wow...This movie was TERRIBLE

The beginning was a T2 ripoff , the rest was a Blair Witch ripoff. I thought Part 3 was the alltime low , WRONG!. Stop pissing on classic horror films!. Why not just get Michael Bay to do a shot by shot remake of Suspiria while your at it. Rant Over

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
Well, I just returned from seeing it, and I surprisingly really enjoyed it! Its not a great movie, but it is great fun (at least in my opinion), and its thankfully light years better than H20.
The Myers house was a wonderful setpiece. Really neat looking, and creepy too. Also, the death scenes were pretty groovy, especially the head crushing
, and the mirror scene caught me off gaurd.
Katee Sackhoff is really hot, and she was easily my favorite character in the film. :)
The web cams added quite a lot to the film if you ask me, and I had a feeling they probably would.
Bash me if you want, but I don't give a shit. I enjoyed this film quite a bit, and I'm not afraid to admit it. It definitely isn't as good as the original or part 3 though.

Brett_B

Supporting Actor
OH...MY...GOD...was this bad!

I loved this series ever since I first saw it in '79, and didn't mind the 4th & 5th parts. Even though the plot of those two was pretty pathetic, I thought the director was still able to create a creepy atmosphere by keeping Michael hidden in the background stalking his victims. He was never really predictable like what other horror franchises became (hint: Friday the 13th). Part 6 was a different story. Not only was the story atrocious, but (I really don't know how to put this in words) it just wasn't Michael. I mean they had him jumping out of places and lunging at his victims. H20 kind of went back on track with Michael, but I hated how they didn't explain part 4, 5, & 6 (I can't believe I mentioned 6, but five started taking us there in the story). Now this one happened. WHERE WERE THEY GOING!!! It seemed like the director did not know anything about the series (or Michael...and I know this is the same director as part 2) and just watched the series for the first (and only) time taking quick notes about Michael. Every time Michael killed someone in this movie they had Michael observing his handywork by tilting his head from side to side. I admit that was pretty creepy in the original one, and they had him do again in part 6 at the beginning (and those were the only times they had him do that in the ENTIRE series up to this point), but this was too much. Talk about overkill!

I was really going to go on a rant about this installment, but after reading Mark's post he pretty muched summed up what I had to say about it. The sad thing about it is that they will make another one.

Unfortunately, Michael Myers has died. Not in the series, of course, but for this fan he is gone. I am truly disappointed.

Anne M

Agent
Well, I saw this Thursday night, and I didn't really have the heart to comment until now. The plot is ridiculously stupid. The acting could have been worse, but was still pretty darn bad. Since I always jump at fast movements, I was jumping a lot, but I wouldn't say that the movie was scary. Just startling. Now, I haven't seen the rest of the series, so I have nothing to judge it by, but I have great faith that this is nowhere near the best of the series.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks