What's new

*** Official Grand Theft Auto: Vice City (PS2) Review & Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Jim Tressler

Stunt Coordinator
just another fyi.. the local best buy ad yester day has gta:vc for $39.99. Says it will be available on Wednesday

jim

Josh Lowe

Screenwriter
Can't wait for this game, I actually had no idea it carried such a solid voice cast. Luis Guzman in a videogame? I am going nutty over the very thought of it. I can't wait. Argh Nov 8th Uk date..... just a littttttle longer.
GTA3 had a pretty strong voice cast, too! Joey Pants was Luigi, one of the guys from Gangstarr was 8 Ball, Michael Rappaport was Joey Leone.. there were others I'm forgetting, too.

Dave Bennett

Screenwriter
Josh,
Michael Madsen was one of the guys(one of the mob bosses) and Kyle McLachlan was Donald Love. Can't wait to get my hands on this game tomorrow.

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
Behold, I have now (finally) made this the Official Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Review & Discussion thread. All subsequent threads regarding Vice City are subject to being closed and/or deleted without prior warning.
Dan
PS: Besides Masden and Joey Pants, I wasn't aware of other contributors to GTA3's voice cast! Cool stuff!

Dave Bennett

Screenwriter
Dan, good call to make one official thread. Hopefully I should have the game in my hands close to this time tomorrow so I'll probably play for a few hours and post my take on it.

StevenW

Second Unit
so do I have any kind of chance getting this at a B&M without having a reserved copy tommorow morning?

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
My copy is in my hands as we speak:D
I just got home and will be playing for a while. I'll be back with some brief impressions for you guys soon....

Jay W

Supporting Actor
Well this is one game, you don't want to be waiting around till 2004 to play IMO :). I got in on the 39.99 price at the website, at least I don't have to stand in line and hope for the best on Wednesday, thanks for the deal. Hell, I don't even own a PS2 but I'll be borrowing one from a friend just to play this thing!

Dean DeMass

Screenwriter
OK, I've played for about an hour and a half. What can I say, the game is just awesome. Having Ray Liotta doing the voice of your character was a stroke of genius. The voice acting so far is top notch.
I already have a new suit, rode a Harley, and a moped. Jammed out to Anthrax, Michael Jackson, and even Yes.
What's cool is you can buy businesses. I didn't know about that part of the game. :emoji_thumbsup:
Oh, I also bought a meat clever, and hacked a couple of people up to steal their money. I've basically been doing the cab missions to learn the city.
The DTS sound is OK, nothing to write home about, but it is adequate.
So far Vice City gets :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: way up from me. :)
-Dean-

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks