What's new

*** Official Grand Theft Auto: Vice City (PS2) Review & Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

MikeH1

Screenwriter
Real Name
Billy
Oh wow. A video game set in the 80s where I can blow peoples heads off while listening to Inxs?
Count me in :D

GlenHaag

Supporting Actor
I'm just amazed by that song listing. As a kid that listened to a lot of music in the 80's, I'm just in awe of that.
I can't wait to hear 'Madhouse' by Anthrax in there. That will be some music to waste a few people by.
Also, this has to be the first time that Laura Branigan and Grandmaster Flash appear in the same soundtrack. :)
Glen

Joseph Young

Screenwriter
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif

Holy shiznit. :emoji_thumbsup::emoji_thumbsup:

Derrik Draven

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
Nothing like going to whack somebody that pissed you off, with Judas Priest's "You Got Another Thing Coming", jamming on the radio. :emoji_thumbsup:

Jean-Michel

Supporting Actor
That soundtrack listing has me worried about a potential PC version. How are they going to fit all that on a CD? Even if they converted those to MP3s I'm not sure they could store those on a single CD without destroying the sound quality. I have a feeling the PC version may well be DVD-ROM only, or maybe they'll do a DVD "special edition" with the complete soundtrack as well as a shortened "best of" version for those without DVD-ROM drives.

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
Crashing cars and killing cocaine dealers to the sounds of Toto and Evelyn "Champagne" King...dude, freakin' sweet!

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

This is going to kick SO much ass.

Richard_T

Second Unit
I'm a little pissed they did away with my reggae station. Can anyone confirm this? I read the article in the new Playstation mag and and checked their site but found nothing. Too bad if it's true, but I hope I'm wrong. What about all you "scientist" fans out there? :angry:

Dave Bennett

Screenwriter
A little over a week now guys! Has anyone else ordered from EBgames.com? I preordered mine on September 12th and it's listed as backordered. Is it listed as such because it is a preorder item or am I not going to get one of the first batch of copies because of when I ordered? I hope and pray that I'll be playing GTA Vice City at this time on the 29th :D

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
BTW: Over at the DVD Bargains area of the DVD Talk forums, there is a post regarding the excellent price at a major retailer. (is that vague enough to avoid getting edited? :) )
-Dave

Rob Speicher

Supporting Actor
Has anyone else ordered from EBgames.com? I preordered mine on September 12th and it's listed as backordered. Is it listed as such because it is a preorder item or am I not going to get one of the first batch of copies because of when I ordered? I hope and pray that I'll be playing GTA Vice City at this time on the 29th
Ordered mine 7/28 and it's the same thing. Hopefully that's just because it's pre-order. Metroid Prime which I pre-ordered yesterday lists the same. Here's hoping we'll be playing it within a day of release :)

Dean DeMass

Screenwriter
"And I Ran
I ran to EB Games
I Ran
To Get GTA"

:)
OK, I seriously need to get this game real soon. This final week is going to be murder.
-Dean-

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
Well I WAS excited. Now I will have to lock myself in the house for about 2 weeks after I get this! :)
Atomic - Blondie
Cumin' Atcha Live - Tesla
Kiss the Dirt - INXS
Hyperactive - Dolby
Some of my favorite songs from some of my favorite albums right there. Man, I might just hop in the car and drive around listening to tunes. :)
2 songs make me think of other "gangster" situations
Wang Chung - Dance Hall Days. You can't think about WC without thinking of Live and Die in LA.
Night Ranger - Sister Christian. Obviously you have the 80's drug deal gone bad in Boogie Nights.
I get the strong impression based on the other more obvious influences that the game designers had both these film scenes set in the 80's in mind when designing the game as well.
And Jeff, no I didn't get tired of going on rampages to be honest. GTA3 was the one game where if I screwed up and got pissed at the game I could actually get it back out of my system. :) If you gotta lose, at least you can lose in a blaze of glory.
In Madden I end up blitzing more and throwing bombs which only makes it worse till I have to turn of the game in disgust. If only I could throw grenades at the CPU team instead. ;)

Joseph Young

Screenwriter
Are we allowed to speculate on which online site has the best track record in quick shipping (as opposed to making people wait for the second shipment)? Is there a reliable online retailer that has a record of fast shipping?

I hear stories about people getting their product weeks after launch date, are there sites to avoid?

Thanks,

Joseph

Jeff Adams

Screenwriter
Okay, that is a great list of 80's songs, but did I read that right? Did they remove the songs from Scarface? Why would they do that?

Jason Quillen

Supporting Actor
I preordered GTA:VC back on 9/14 from ebgames.com and my order status just changed from "backorder" to "open", so I'm pretty hopeful. I cant wait to get my hands on this game!
JQ

GlenHaag

Supporting Actor
I just have my copy pre-paid for at the local EB. I'm hoping to just start playing it next Tuesday evening, and go to work on Wednesday... very, very tired.

Glen

Jason F.

Stunt Coordinator
I haven't been this excited about a game since I was 14 and waiting for Street Fighter 2 for SNES! Can you all say no more dodo!!! We can REALLY fly this TIME!!! :D :D :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks