What's new

Land of the Dead (2005) (1 Viewer)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Thanks Bjorn. :emoji_thumbsup:
So, it seems that the last film he did as make-up artist was Ted Bundy. I havn't seen that one, i'll have to check it out. The only film about Bundy I saw was the one where Mark Harmon played him.

ChuckSolo

Screenwriter
According to "Fangoria" some time, ago the premise for the new movie "Dead Reckoning/Twilight of the Dead" is that society has now learned to "live" with the legions of the undead and individuals employ security squads to deal with them. Anyway, that is what I read a year or so ago in Fangoria magazine. I am so glad that this thing is finally going to be made, or so it seems. I'll be there on opening day!!

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
The DVD commentary on the recent Dawn disc brings up an interesting point.

George was pretty sure that he would need quite a bit more than $10m to get the fourth film off as he had intended. Even his wife suggested a number greater than that as I recall.

But, then again, he has always been a shoestring filmmaker and the only thing changing is that he is going to release a rated film (both Night and Dawn release unrated I think). Hopefully we'll get everything he wants to show us.

Either way, I'm completely there on opening night!

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
Interesting that after 28 Days Later and Resident Evil there seems to be a lot more Zombie movies coming out. We have Dead Reckoning, Dawn of the Dead remake and Resident Evil 2.
What's next, A zombie sitcom on UPN?:D
I like Zombie movies or any kind of horror just as long as it isnt a slasher flick. How often do we get decent horror movies anymore?

Travis_W

Supporting Actor
Fox dropped the rights and last I heard Guiellrmo Del Toro was trying to help get the film up and running again.

I'm convinced that the only thing that could make it happen now is the impending success of the Dawn remake.

James T

Screenwriter
Interesting that after 28 Days Later and Resident Evil there seems to be a lot more Zombie movies coming out
Romero was hired to write/direct the Resident Evil movie, but got fired for creative differences. I wonder if his reject script is really the 4th Dead film.

ChuckSolo

Screenwriter
No, he has had the "Dead Reckoning" idea long before the "Resident Evil" thing. He had trouble getting financing for "Reckoning" and had to put it off for a long while.

JoeMKal

Stunt Coordinator
I could care less if this ever gets made, I mean I hope it does, but I am a bigger fan of zombies in general than I am of romero. I hope dawn does really well, and not only do we get Dead Reckoning but a bunch of other zombie flix green lit.

Mat Kr

Grip
George Romero is, and always will be the KING of zombie movies. I have yet to see a zombie movie that comes close to his trilogy. Here's hoping the master gets one more chance to make another masterpiece!

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
I think the recent success of Dawn has proven zombies are still a good source of $$$ in movies. Romero might get push to make his next film from this... who knows...

Xavier

Auditioning
Being that "Dawn" debut at number 1, this is really great news. After watching it, I couldn't help but imagine how today's special f/x and sound will only enhance the already gripping stories and characters that Romero creates. Which is what I felt the new "Dawn" lacked.
It'll be interesting to see how the general public (not us fans) will recieve Romero's version of the walking dead. Instead of flashy editing and big name stars, they will have to concentrate more on the real idea of a post-apocalyptic world taken over by zombies.

Nonetheless, count me in on being there opening day (if there is one). What a great, great day that will be...

X

Mat Kr

Grip
I was just sitting here and thinking about how if I was a millionaire I would help fund Romeor's movie. Then I started thinking of some crazy ideas of what I might be able to do to help get his movie made. I know that this sounds like the talk of some loser with nothing better to do, but I'm serious. Is there anything that a fan can do to help get a film made? Seriously. What can a person who has no money do to let a studio know that there would be a great fan base for a movie? Any ideas?

Xavier

Auditioning
I don't know if there is anything we can actually do (sans petitions and the likes) to help get this movie made. But I would assume that the money that this Pseudo-Dawn is generating, it would turn some heads within the big movie studios and hopefully leading to one of them giving Romero a call. They wouldn't have to worry about hiring a screenwriter or director, that comes with the package (and hopefully Savani as well) it would pretty much be ready to shoot. All they need to do is send over the money...more less...:)
I would imagine after RE, and 28 Days Later, and now Dawn, that studios would be jumping at the opportunity to get him involved. I honestly believe the only reason he has not been involved, is that his pacing and overall feel is much more subdued and tamed. Where as the new Dawn concentrates more on the action, Romero's is more on the ideology of what a world would be like if the flesh-eating crazies took over.
However...one can only hope in the next few weeks or perhaps once the DVD of the new "Dawn" is released that some consideration is given to the forefather of all things dead.

Travis_S

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Travis
Land of the Dead is coming!
Variety reports it (subscription required):
http://www.variety.com/index.asp?lay...117907784&cs=1
Coming Soon reports it:
http://comingsoon.net/news.php?id=5560
In the film, the zombies having taken over the world and those left alive are confined to a walled-in city that keeps out the corpse corps. Anarchy rules the streets, with the wealthy insulated and living in fortified skyscrapers.
The drama revolves around a group of scavengers who must thwart an attempt to overthrow the city while the dead are evolving from brainless slow-moving creatures into more advanced creatures.

Todd H

Go Dawgs!
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd
About time! :D
Just noticed while watching CNN that Romero has decided to film in Canada instead of Pittsburgh in order to save money. I still have high hopes for this flick.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks