What's new

Land of the Dead (2005)

Rich Romero

Supporting Actor
Title: Land of the Dead

Tagline: The dead shall inherit the Earth.

Genre: Horror, Science Fiction, Thriller

Director: George A. Romero

Cast: Robin Ward, Bryan Renfro, Simon Baker, John Leguizamo, Dennis Hopper, Asia Argento, Robert Joy, Eugene A. Clark, Joanne Boland, Tony Nappo, Jennifer Baxter, Boyd Banks, Tony Munch, Shawn Roberts, Sasha Roiz, Krista Bridges, Alan van Sprang, Phil Fondacaro, Bruce McFee, Earl Pastko, Jonathan Whittaker, Peter Outerbridge, Lara Amersey, Matt Birman, Devon Bostick, Christopher Russell, Richard Clarkin, David Sparrow, Ted Ludzik, Sandy Kellerman, Erica Olsen, Simon Pegg, Edgar Wright, Gregory Nicotero, Tom Savini, Pedro Miguel Arce, Maxwell McCabe-Lokos, John Migliore, Gary Ugarek, Jasmin Geljo, Michael Belisario, Gene Mack, Christopher Allen Nelson, Debra Felstead, Tina Romero, Colm Magner, Scott Wickware, Ron Payne, Darrin Brown, Eldridge Hyndman, James Binkley, Dawne Furey, Donna Croce, Heidi von Palleske, David Stinson, Trevor Bain, Dwayne McLean, Wilbert Headley, Ross Sferrazza, Liise Keeling, Sonia Belley, Chad Camelleri, Gino Crognale, Shane Cardwell, Kevin Rushton, Nick Alachiotis, James Canton, Ermes Blarasin, Jake McKinnon, Susan Wloszczyna, David Campbell

Release: 2005-06-24

Runtime: 93

Plot: The world is full of zombies and the survivors have barricaded themselves inside a walled city to keep out the living dead. As the wealthy hide out in skyscrapers and chaos rules the streets, the rest of the survivors must find a way to stop the evolving zombies from breaking into the city.

George apparently is being funded 10 million by Fox to do the fourth dead film entitled "Dead Reckoning". The theatrical version will be rated R while the DVD will be unrated. There hasn't been an official announcement but if you go to www.deadreckoningmovie.com it takes you to 20th Century Fox. That's some good proof. :)

Jean-Michel

Supporting Actor
The theatrical version will be rated R while the DVD will be unrated.
Shit, talk about planning ahead.........hopefully Romero will shoot separate R and unrated versions of the gory stuff instead of just trimming scenes for the theatrical release, since that sort of thing always seems noticeable to me.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
While i'm excited beyond words by this news, I must ask what this film will be about. I assume that after the sheer hell that the earth has degraded into in the past three films, that the living survivors will start to win the war with the dead and reclaim the planet right?

I like the title too. I mean they covered all the differnt times of the day it's nice to see an original title like this.

Rich Romero

Supporting Actor
From what I know it's about a fortress city of the last survivors fighting off the living dead in hordes. Knowing this, I'm positive it will kick ass. George knows what he's doing. :)

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
I heard the same, and I also heard that Dead Reckoning was a monster truck or something like that. Anyways, no matter what the case, just like the three films that preceded it, I gaurantee that this film will be a stellar zombie epic!

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Great news! Romero's been known to 'cry wolf' regarding another Dead flick, but if one does hit the screens...I'll be there opening night!

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
How long has it been since he made any film, and what has he done in between? I'm a little skeptical because I think he may have "old man" disease, where a great film director/writer forgets all the cool stuff he did back when he was younger and loses his touch. What also sucks about this is that no matter how hard I try, I know I'm going to keep comparing everything Romero does to Dawn of the Dead.

Either way, it'll be cool in it's own right.

Matt Pelham

Screenwriter

Did anyone see Bruiser? I didn't really care for it much, although it was directed well which gives me confidence that this new one will be great.

I'm not sure what's happenning, but all of the sudden 2 of the biggest rumored and hoped for horror sequels are suddenly moving ahead. First Jason vs. Freddy and now this. I thought for sure I'd be long dead before I saw either one of these!

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Can I be King of the Zombies Jack? ;)
It is odd that we havn't heard from her yet, she's usually all over these threads like 245 Trioxen gas on Frank and Freddy! :D

William DAnnucci

Stunt Coordinator
Excellent news! If this movie is anywhere nearly as cool as the premise I've heard Romero reveal in interviews, I am there opening weekend. Hell, I'll be there no matter what.

Please, please, PLEASE get Savini on board and give him a budget to allow him to make his Sistine Chapel of zombie gore!

Any chance for an unrated version getting limited theatrical release in the big cities? (FOX: Hint, hint)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Absolutly! You can't have a Romero zombie fest without gore master Savini onboard! That's just crazy talk. :)
Although you know that the MPAA is going to utterly castrate his work if he does do it. :frowning: Which is why it is pretty much mandatory that we get an unrated version on dvd later.
Really though, what has Tom done lately? I havn't seen him credited with any splatter FX since forever.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Sure it was, but having Tom's involvment in the last two installments, i've gotten used to having him do the effects. Besides, whenever I hear Romero's name mentioned, I immediatly associate him and Tom Savini. They make one helluva team. :)

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks