What's new

*** Official FREDDY VS. JASON Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Joshua_Y

Screenwriter
Well...I think the main reason it was more NOES than F13 was because the NOES series always had more imaginative stories and they were better written...look at NOES 3...directed by Chuck Russell and written by frickin Frank Darabont the man who made Shawshank and Green Mile! The NOES series always were better in terms of story and character than just about any other slasher franchise...

Yes...I loved the flashback to Jason's death as a child...brilliant stuff with the camp counselors...

BertFalasco

Supporting Actor
Personally, I think Jeepers 2 looks like trash. I never saw the first, and the concept of the movie taking place in one night (tons of footage with school bus on screen....use different locations, shiite) does not appeal to me and I find it unimaginative. Yes, one night because of the 23 (Is it 1-23 days or only comes out on 23rd?) day, but still, its garbage. Same with that Highwaymen crap. I want to pimpslap some writers' brains.

Them biZitches are dead on their feet. ;)

AJ Johnson

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
AJ
I actually agree with a lot of what the Chud.com review had to say but I was entertained regardless. No Friday/Nightmare film was ever high art but FvJ did take it to a whole new low. The movie was just heavily flawed with no continuity in either series, HUGE plot holes, and the worst acting I've ever seen in either series. It all just felt so rushed and sloppily put together. If it weren't for a couple of good kills and the final battle I would probably go off worst than Chud did. The one scene that really took me out of the movie is just after the cornfield rave massacre. These idiots just saw kids brutally slaughtered including their own friend and their next move is to drive everyone home and say goodnight like they haven't had any terrible experiences the last 2 nights that saw 2 of their friends murdered? No going to the cops? It's those kind of stupid scenes that show how lazy Ronny Yu and his screenwriters were when telling this story. I thought great care was going to go into this project and the opposite happened.

Travis_W

Supporting Actor
As reported by Dan's Movie Digest at DVDFEVER :
Okay, the latest rumour is that a sequel to Freddy Vs Jason is already being considered, with Freddy and Jason teaming up against a common enemy - Bruce Campbell's Evil Dead character Ash!

No kidding. Apparently the 'New Line' executives think the idea is a real winner and are pushing for the movie to go into pre-production very soon. Could be groovily ghoulish fun...
That sounds very cool indeed! But do you think it could work? It sounds awesome to toss around but do you think it could actually work on film? Nevertheless I'd love to see this get made but there's got to be a real story to it.

AJ Johnson

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
AJ
That's not cool. That's freakin dumb. Freddy vs. Jason should be a stand-alone movie. We've seen them battle already, what more can they do to each other? I can only imagine what kind of dumbass story they would come up with to include Ash, Michael Myers or even Leatherface. And then you have to give 3 horror characters screentime, as well as the kids they have to slaughter, and make the plot make some kind of sense etc. They BARELY pulled this off with only Freddy and Jason. Adding another character just sounds like a disaster waiting to happen. I pray New Line doesn't greenlight another project no matter how much money FvJ makes.

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
Haha. I'm not a fan of the series, and I'm glad the fans finally got their FvJ. But hearing this I couldn't help but laugh. Maybe Freddy and Jason will be like thunder cats, you put them all together to form the ultimate killing machine!

Seriously if they make this garbage where now F and J work together then they might as well go all out and add gremlins, critters, Chucky, the Leprechaun, Pumpkinhead, Mike Myers, Jeepers Creepers, the cat from pet semetary, Killer Clowns from outer space, Pennywise, and the trolls from Earnest scared stupid.

I can only imagine the story that would go with this movie. Now that would be worth seeing, pure unintentional comedy.

I usually don't thread fart but this was just too much.

BertFalasco

Supporting Actor
No going to the cops?
....Perhaps see the film again? The cops are corrupt, Freddy specifically explained his demise, elaborating on the adults of the town. There was much emphasis on the cops not letting a leak out because of the past. The movie gave insight in many scenes, they were all correlated, AJ. the mental institution, the coverups, the verbal seal, etc.

So my question is : Why the hell would they go to the cops?

PS - I didn't mind the acting, it was the typical one liners, but I thought on the whole (;)) it was above the standard of NOES and Friday the 13th films.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
I can only imagine what kind of dumbass story they would come up with to include Ash, Michael Myers or even Leatherface. And then you have to give 3 horror characters screentime, as well as the kids they have to slaughter, and make the plot make some kind of sense etc.
Except Ash is a good guy. Not the most competent enemy of evil, but one who would likely take up his chainsaw and mechanical hand in the service of saving kids, not slaughtering them.

Of course, it would require New Line's somehow acquiring the rights to the character from Dino De Laurentiis, and then there's the issue of not having Sam Raimi involved.

Besides, if you're going to involve Ash in these crossovers, I want to see what Kurt Busiek had planned for "Darkman vs. The Evil Dead" first. :)

ColeKR

Stunt Coordinator
Ok so here's my question. Do we all agree on who won? All my friends that saw it with me agree on who won but I still see people debating.

BertFalasco

Supporting Actor
I don't feel anyone really won, Freddy beat on him certainly more than Jason did to him but, again, the underdog would seem apparent to win. But at the last moment, the sweet sweetly filmed last scene with Jason rising from water with Freddy's head (and then blaitently) winking is pretty much the OK to assume Freddy is not done.

It can definitely be argued that there was a victor, after all, in street fights, people win and the opponent does not die so why not the same concept here?

Lets duke it out.

AJ Johnson

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
AJ
....Perhaps see the film again? The cops are corrupt, Freddy specifically explained his demise, elaborating on the adults of the town. There was much emphasis on the cops not letting a leak out because of the past. The movie gave insight in many scenes, they were all correlated, AJ. the mental institution, the coverups, the verbal seal, etc. So my question is : Why the hell would they go to the cops?
I don't need to see the film again. How many witnesses were at that cornfield rave that saw a huge guy in a hockey mask slaughtering people? Why would they have to even mention Freddy to the cops if they were witnessing Jason doing it all? They didn't know Jason killed the first guy in the bed so they had no description to go on and that's why Freddy's name came up in the first place.

My question is if one of your friends gets murdered the night before and then another one of your friends gets murdered the next night why drive home and drop everyone off like it's an ordinary night and you expect everything is going to be ok? It just doesn't make sense. I can imagine Kelly Rowland walking through the door and her parents greeting her. "How was your day dear? It was ok, some huge guy in a hockey mask killed one of my best friends. Whooo I'm tired, I think I'll get some sleep. Goodnight."

Joshua_Y

Screenwriter
Well technically Jason didnt kill Freddy...Laurie did...so no one won...I mean you cant kill Freddy anyway...he just goes to hell and takes up his old job with dreams again...

ColeKR

Stunt Coordinator
An estimated $36 million this weekend. Of course I kind of expected that. And how did the kids in the cornfield know that was Jason? That was the first time that they even saw him.

BertFalasco

Supporting Actor
I mean you cant kill Freddy anyway...he just goes to hell and takes up his old job with dreams again...
What do you mean? If his job with dreams is secondary, what is his initial thing on his to-do list? Either that take on it, or are you applying that to FvJ only, meaning only this time he was trying to puppet Jason while messing with dreams, then he'd go back to hell and mess with kids only [if so, that was the point of the film, he needed kids to remember so he couldn't at will anyways]? That would seem more legit. (Reread this paragraph, it will all come together, trust me)

_ _ _ _ _
_B_e_r_t_

ColeKR

Stunt Coordinator
I think that's what most people don't think about. If these characters weren't so stupid we wouldn't have much of a movie would we? I'll agree that some of the acting was bad but then I remembered that's not what I went for. I went because I wanted to see some dumb teenagers be killed.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks