What's new

Official: First 500,000 PS3s to have Talledaga Nights on BD bundled ! (1 Viewer)

AaronSCH

Second Unit
Real Name
Aaron Schneiderman
O.K. then maybe the more acceptable descriptive words would be fanatics or lemmings? Sorry Robert, but that's exactly how I was reading the posts here and on other forums prior to either format's arrival. It is now laughable considering how the two formats have performed thus far. My comments weren't directed towards any individual but was an overall observation. My enthusiasm for the HD DVD format is based on personal experience NOT the sales literature and press releases that continue to flow from the Blu-ray camp. I am not alone in my assessment. According to a recent comment that appeared in Variety magazine, "The PS3 was a huge deal in our coming aboard Blu-ray," confirms one top home entertainment exec..."I'm not sure we would have signed on if we had known then what we know now." I am sorry if you don't take my opinion seriously.

AaronSCH

Second Unit
Real Name
Aaron Schneiderman
Has this become the "politically correct" forum? These words are perfectly correct and descriptive. They do not represent any derogatory meaning to any individual.

Lemming: Any of various small, thickset rodents, especially of the genus Lemmus, inhabiting northern regions and known for periodic mass migrations that sometimes end in drowning.

Fanatic: A person marked or motivated by an extreme, unreasoning enthusiasm, as for a cause.

Again, I would prefer my comments not be taken out of context. Maybe I should repeat my point with someone else's words: According to a recent comment that appeared in Variety magazine, "The PS3 was a huge deal in our coming aboard Blu-ray," confirms one top home entertainment exec..."I'm not sure we would have signed on if we had known then what we know now."

That just about sums it up

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I don't really see what politcal correctness has to do with anything. I'm just shocked that anyone can take someone's else enthusiasm for a competing format like it's some kind of personal attack. No one is joining a cult- they have a different opinion than you. Why do you care if someone else thinks Blu-Ray is good?

As for fantacism, there's a pretty clear example of that in this thread and it isn't hard to figure out who it is.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Aaron,
Frankly, I don't give a damn what some top home entertainment executive said because he didn't say it here. However, I do care about what our members have to say on this board and we don't need to label people in order to support any of our arguments.

Crawdaddy

AaronSCH

Second Unit
Real Name
Aaron Schneiderman

You began this by accusing me with having a "grudge." I would love to see you quote where I say "Blowing Blu-ray away" or that I want HD DVD to "win." You have read that into my comments because it is YOU, my friend, that wants something to win. If my hardware works flawlessly and my software performs brilliantly and all I hear (for the most part) is negative feedback on Blu-ray, what do you expect me to believe? My comments have always been based on what I read in the press, user comments and above all, personal experience. You continue to mischaracterize and misquote everything I say. I would rather you ignore me altogether.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Dave,
Please, I don't need any help in getting this discussion back on track. Thank you.

Crawdaddy

AaronSCH

Second Unit
Real Name
Aaron Schneiderman

Well Robert, is it not important to the discussion that a top home entertainment executive made a comment that indicated they were sold a bill of goods? I think that is the point I have been trying to make about both the manufacturers and prospective consumers. Since when does the Home Theater Forum not care what a home entertainment or studio executive has to say? Maybe there is too much money at stake and my comments aren't welcome?

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
You have crossed the line with your last comment! You don't want to go there if you want to remain a member here.

Crawdaddy

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks