What's new

*** Official "FINDING NEMO" Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

FredK

Second Unit
Saw the 10:30p show sunday night, sold out with maybe 20 kids max in the theater. Tons of laughter too, audiences are gonna eat this thing up all summer.

For me it was a beautiful film. The story, etc. was good, but the voice acting was superb and the visuals in the open ocean, WHOA! Worth a few more viewings for that alone.

Favorite part was the swim to the bottom and having a short sustained pitch black screen, nice effect on the viewer.

The cameos are nice, but I have this feeling Pixar's 100th movie will be nothing but...

Only drawback to a 4/4 movie... how could a movie with the title character Nemo and a sunken submarine not have that sunken submarine? The location was about right too...

BrettB

Senior HTF Member
What a great film. I plan on seeing it in the theater again. There is so much to like in this film. Jaw-dropping animation. There are scenes in this film that you would swear are real (scenes without characters of course :) )

As for the story, there are numerous themes which just about anyone can relate to. Our youngest daughter just moved out last Tuesday and this film has hit me like a ton of bricks.

At the end of the scene where the fish in the net are swimming down and they finally break free
there was an 8 or so yr. old boy right in front of us who thrust his arms in the air and exclaimed "Yes!". That alone was worth the price of admission. ;)

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
In this article about Pixar's in-jokes it says:

Cowgirl Jessie from "Toy Story 2" made a cameo appearance in "Monsters, Inc." Similarly, orb-eyed Mike from "Monsters" can be seen snorkeling past the camera in "Finding Nemo." Buzz Lightyear also shows up in "Nemo," as do characters from two upcoming Pixar films, 2004's "The Incredibles" and 2005's "Cars."
Did anyone see the characters from either of the upcoming films? Where?

Steve Sm.

Auditioning
If you need to find a DLP theater in your area, it should be hilighted in the theaters listing of the Finding Nemo ad in your newspaper; I didn't even know we had a DLP theater in Denver until I saw that!

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
For some reason at the very end of the movie, when Marlin is trying to wake up Nemo for school, I just about busted out laughing at Marlin pouncing on Nemo in his wake-up efforts.

Also, Squirt is a pretty cool shell dude.

Peter Kline

Senior HTF Member
Matt,

Discussed previously on this thread. It was, is, what you surmised. Been talked about in many reviews and pre release stories.

Bruce_S

Second Unit
I saw FN opening day - another hit for PIXAR! By far, I like FN much better than Monsters, Inc. It's amazing to see how computer animation have progress beautifully since the days of Knick Knack.

My favorite quote in FN:
Mine, Mine, Mine!!!! :)

-bruce

Louis C

Supporting Actor
Sorry to rain on everyone's parade, but I just wasn't that impressed.

I didn't hear much laughing going on but for a few parts. This movie is nowhere near as funny as Monsters Inc, or TS 1 or 2. A lot of intended jokes fell flat. If you are going for the humor, don't waste your time. If you are going for a nice story and interesting characters, it works just fine.

In trying too hard to reproduce the murkiness of the ocean, Pixar made the ocean images look too soft. Part of the problem is the medium for the story. There is only so much you can do in the water..swim and um...swim.
I kept wanting them to get back to the dentist and the aquarium again...ah, humans interacting with the fish...birds flying around out of the water...much better, funnier and clearer, more colorful.

Sadly these scenes only made up around a third of the film if that.

It was an ok movie and worth having on DVD, but I can't recommend going to see it in the theater.

Let the flames begin!:D

Joel C

Screenwriter
I thought this was easily the funniest Pixar film yet. The audience I saw it with certainly enjoyed it, though it was a 10:30 PM show packed with adults.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, I thought the shining joke was damn funny; I laughed out loud ;)

The previews for "The Incredibles" had all of us rolling :)

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Loved it! Saw it last night with my daughters. Not sure after just one viewing if it's on the exact same level with the other Pixar films but great nonetheless. Alot of funny moments, and as a single father with 2 daughters, I could appreciate some of the dad's issues.

Thought Ellen's voice over was fantastic. Not the biggest Ellen fan in the world either, but she really delivered on this. Quite possibly, she stole the show.

Can't wait to see it again. Our 7:15pm showing was sold out-packed with kids & parents, and just kids too!

Joe Wong

Senior HTF Member
My favourite line: the French-speaking cleaner crab saying "I shall resist." One of the "deeper" jokes in the move, IMO :)

Regards,

Joe

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks