What's new

*** Official "FINDING NEMO" Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Peter Kline

Senior HTF Member
Outtakes are getting too predictible methinks. There was, of course, a great bit of business at the end if you stayed for the credits. The DVD, I'm sure, will have lots of extra stuff.

Joel C

Screenwriter
Near the end of the credits, Mike swims by with a mask and fins on. I can't imagine how you could miss it, provided you were looking at the screen.

The best bit was the last gag at the very, very end.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
Yeah, Mike swam across the screen right before the last gag. I didn't notice that it was him until he was almost off the screen, though.

From Aaron Garman's review:
At one point, voices from the right surround scared us!
That's the best surround effect that I've heard in a theater, which means I probably don't go to theaters with good/great surround often. I thought it was someone in the theater doing that! :)

Brandt

Stunt Coordinator
Anyone else think that naming the great white shark 'Bruce' was subtle gesture to 'Jaws', where the crew gave the same name to their mechanical albatross?

Peter Kline

Senior HTF Member
Anyone else think that naming the great white shark 'Bruce' was subtle gesture to 'Jaws', where the crew gave the same name to their mechanical albatross?
The film makers said that it was and it has been mentioned in many of the reviews. Sooooo, it comes out not too subtle in the end. :D

Joe Cole

Second Unit
I saw Nemo this morning projected digitally with a DLP projector in beautiful downtown Merrifield VA. It was stunning. Much better than the film version. It had great detail and breath taking stunning colors every where.

"mine mine" said the numberless sea gulls. This movie is quite the hoot!

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
I saw it again in the same theater to try to find the cameos and such. I wasn't able to spot Buzz Lightyear (I think he's in the dentist's office lobby, but the shots were too fast), but I think I saw the pizza truck. It's at the end where the rest of the fish escape from the tank and there's a shot of the highway outside the dentist's window. You can only see the tops of the car, but I think I saw a truck with a sign on the roof that might've been the pizza truck. Were there signs on the roof of the pizza truck in all the other Pixar films?

Oh yes, and Finding Nemo was better the second time around. The audience at the showing yesterday weren't too lively, but not a lot of people were there. There were a lot more people at the showing today but reactions (pretty much laughter) from the audience mostly came from the parents.

Peter Kline

Senior HTF Member
I was amused by the Psycho screeching violins every time the niece entered and the name on the boat: "The Surly Mermaid". Many jokes well over the kids (and some teenagers as well).

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
Does anybody know who did the vocals for Knick Knack? I'm guessing it's Rockapella, but the credits didn't say, as far as I saw.

Oh wait, I checked at IMDB, and it says that Bobby McFerrin composed the music. Perhaps he mixed all his vocals?

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I saw Buzz in the dentist's waiting area.

Some little girl was cackling when she laughed, which made it a strange viewing experience last night.

DonRoeber

Screenwriter
Anyone hear anything yet about outtakes being added to the film? I'd gladly see it again in the theater if pixar were to add 'em like they've done with previous films.

Of course, I may just see it again anyway.

Peter Kline

Senior HTF Member
Looks like Nemo will hit the 70 million mark for the weekend. Friday and Saturday total estimate was $50,500,000. Amazing considering the number of screens ("only" about 3300 dude) and all those childrens admissions. This would top the 60 million that Monsters Inc. did.
At the showing I saw, practically the whole audience bolted out and didn't stay to see the closing credits and all the goodies therein.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I'm having a hard time believing each theater only has one print of the film.

I went to 2 different theaters this weekend, and one theater had it playing in 3 of their theaters, and the other had it playing in 4 of their theaters.

I would suspect there's 4500-5000 prints in circulation among the 3300 theaters.

ScottR

Senior HTF Member
Did anyone else see Nemo in Monsters Inc.? He makes a cameo as one of Boo's toys, along with Jessie from Toy Story 2.

Joe Hsu

Supporting Actor
Wow...I just got back from that movie and damn was it good. I was too busy watching the main characters, that I missed the references to Mike and the pizza van from TS...guess I'll have to catch it the second time around. ;)

MINE!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks