What's new

*** Official DODGEBALL Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Hehehehehe... Well... I've seen this movie 3 times already... how sad am I? ;) Can't wait for the DVD :D I'm sure there will be plenty of bloopers and prolly a few additional scenes, as there were a few in the Trailers I did not see. Things to look for if you see the movie a second time. "inspirational" signs in Joe's Jim, How well some of the people clean up at the very end of the movie *cough* lady in red *cough* :p . If you want a funny movie, be sure to check this one out... you can't lose. :D

Hehehehehe... Well... I've seen this movie 3 times already... how sad am I? ;) Can't wait for the DVD :D I'm sure there will be plenty of bloopers and prolly a few additional scenes, as there were a few in the Trailers I did not see. Things to look for if you see the movie a second time. "inspirational" signs in Joe's Jim, How well some of the people clean up at the very end of the movie *cough* lady in red *cough* :p . If you want a funny movie, be sure to check this one out... you can't lose. :D

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
The end credits have ruined "Milkshake" for me forever. :laugh: :D

Loved the cheerleader tryouts flashback, and that massive "suction" sound effect when they separated the two candidates was incredibly funny and disgusting all at the same time. :laugh:

I haven't laughed this much at a film in ages. :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

Stephen_L

Supporting Actor
Say what you will about sophisticated humor and clever dialogue, nothing consistently delivers the laughs like someone getting nailed with a dodgeball. I howled through the whole film. I most enjoyed the ESPN 8 "The Ocho" segments and commentary. Even the network graphics seemed just right.

Just one question. I would swear that the "Lady in Red" was Missi Pyle, the very beautiful actress I've seen in "Big Fish" and "Galaxy Quest". I missed her name in the credits. Was that her, and if so, what they did to that woman was a crime :wink:

Dana Fillhart

Supporting Actor
Saw this today, and while I wasn't ROFL through any joke, I did find it charming and very entertaining throughout. Ben Stiller IS a lucky guy if that's his wife in real-life (I personally prefer the lady that played his wife in Meet the Parents over Christine Taylor, but that's just me).

Couple questions: 1, is ESPN 8 a real channel? I don't watch anything but baseball so I only know about ESPN ("1" I guess); if it's not a real channel, what's it mocking? 2, was Jason Bateman's joke over the cheerleaders' love moment (spoiled above, no need to repeat it) a reference to something HE was involved in? I guess it could be an oblique reference to the beloved 80's comedies in general (seeing as he was in Silver Spoons and the I-liked-it-better-and-remember-it-more It's Your Move).

Loved Gary Cole -- I couldn't keep myself thinking of TPS Reports every scene I saw him. :)

Fun flick, I give it an 80%.

Off-topic: Stephen_L, I visit Perry Hall every Christmas at my stepdad's parents (they have a big family gathering then) -- glad to see someone else here from that area.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Jesus, I laughed my head off. One of the funniest films I've seen in a while.

ESPN 8 is not real.. though it's heading that way.. when they kept calling it "The Ocho" it made me laugh (a play on them referring to ESPN 2 as the Dos)

Frank Grimes

Second Unit
I don't see what all the fuss is about. It's a decent movie, but I don't think it compares to the similar Stiller flick, Zoolander. Zoolander even did a better job with cameos. I wouldn't say it was a bad movie, just forgetabble, not to mention it was a rare theater outing (first since Two Towers) that could have been better spent.

BTW, anyone want to spoil what happened after the credits rolled?

Mike Brogan

Second Unit
Frank:

I didn't stay for all of the credits, but during the end credits Stiller's character shows up watching TV and is back to his old weight. Then he says something to the effect of; "fucking Chuck Norris!".

I think that's what everyone was talking about.

As for the rest of the movie, I agree. It had a few laughs and some decent scenes but it was just slightly above average. I could have done without the 3-400 shots of someone getting creamed in either the face or nuts with a dodgeball, that got old after the 50th time. Although I'm quite certain the audience would have been happy if the whole movie consisted of dodgeball to the crotch hijinks since that seemed to garner the most laughs. I guess mostly I was disappointed.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

No, there was another scene at the very end of the credits.

But if you didn't stay, I don't think you deserve to know. :p)

Mike Brogan

Second Unit
Okay, my mistake.

Now I'm a little intrigued...hmmm, was it someone getting beamed in the crotch with a dodgeball?

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Nope. Something infinitely worse. :p) I'm still trying to erase the mental picture... :D

Saw this yesterday and I must say that I found it funny, in fact I found it funnier than Old School (which I liked). I think the fact that the film pokes fun of itself is half the fun. The cameos were good, the deadpan by Vaughn was good, Stiller was over-the-top but he was supposed to be, and man Ben is a lucky man to have the lovely Christine Taylor as his wife. Man, I'd watch her read out of a phone book...in her skivvies ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation380
Recent bookmarks