*** Official DODGEBALL Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Scott Weinberg, Jun 15, 2004.

1. Scott Weinberg

Scott Weinberg Lead Actor

Just got back from the screening. Dodgeball is the first Hollywood Comedy in many a moon that I'll be giving a 5-star rating. It's consistently funny, it moves at a lightning pace, and the humor harkens back to the great old "slobs vs. snobs" conceit that we all love so much - when it's done well.

Just about every cast member gets a chance to earn some big laughs, and the finale is an absolute hoot. I really LOVED this movie, which comes as a little bit of a surprise...but a very pleasant one!

2. Scott Weinberg

Just got back from the screening. Dodgeball is the first Hollywood Comedy in many a moon that I'll be giving a 5-star rating. It's consistently funny, it moves at a lightning pace, and the humor harkens back to the great old "slobs vs. snobs" conceit that we all love so much - when it's done well.

Just about every cast member gets a chance to earn some big laughs, and the finale is an absolute hoot. I really LOVED this movie, which comes as a little bit of a surprise...but a very pleasant one!

3. Tony Whalen

Tony Whalen Producer

I gotta admit that I've been intrigued by this one...even though I'm not a huge Stiller fan. However, it DOES have quite the cast, and Scott's mini-review sealed the deal. Guess I'll hafta see it!

Now it's just a question of a theatre-viewing, or waiting for the DVD. [​IMG]

4. Tony Whalen

Tony Whalen Producer

I gotta admit that I've been intrigued by this one...even though I'm not a huge Stiller fan. However, it DOES have quite the cast, and Scott's mini-review sealed the deal. Guess I'll hafta see it!

Now it's just a question of a theatre-viewing, or waiting for the DVD. [​IMG]

5. Jordan_E

Jordan_E Cinematographer

"Joanie loves Chachi!"

That line alone almost has me going out to see this movie. And Stephen Root always makes me laugh!

6. Jordan_E

Jordan_E Cinematographer

"Joanie loves Chachi!"

That line alone almost has me going out to see this movie. And Stephen Root always makes me laugh!

7. Moe Maishlish

Moe Maishlish Supporting Actor

I am reminded of a certain South Park episode... [​IMG]

Moe.

8. Moe Maishlish

Moe Maishlish Supporting Actor

I am reminded of a certain South Park episode... [​IMG]

Moe.

9. Steve_Knutzen

Steve_Knutzen Screenwriter

This is my most anticipated release of June. I'll be seeing it either tomorrow or saturday. I've been a Stiler fan since the Ben Stiller Show plus the rest of the awesome cast seals it for me.

10. Steve_Knutzen

Steve_Knutzen Screenwriter

This is my most anticipated release of June. I'll be seeing it either tomorrow or saturday. I've been a Stiler fan since the Ben Stiller Show plus the rest of the awesome cast seals it for me.

11. Scott Weinberg

Here's my review.

I hope you guys dig this one as much as I did. Hell, you could like it half as much as I did and still have a damn good time. [​IMG]

12. Holden Pike

Holden Pike Stunt Coordinator

I saw Dodgeball at a screening Wednesday night. It's good, dumb fun. Hitting somebody in the face with a red ball was funny in the third grade (as long as it wasn't your face), and damnit it's still funny today! The "Simpsons" Troy McClure-type vintage '50s instructional reel with a cameo by Apu himself (Hank Azaria) was the highpoint for me, but I laughed all the way through. Way stupid, way fun.

GRADE: B+

13. Ricardo C

Ricardo C Producer

Awesome trailer, will definitely see it [​IMG]

But I'm pretty sure I've heard the "threw up in my mouth a little bit" joke before, with the same exact wording.

14. Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford Moderator

Robert
    This thread is now designated the Official Discussion Thread for "Dodgeball" please, post all comments, links to outside reviews, film and box office discussion items to this thread.

All HTF member film reviews of "Dodgeball" should be posted to the Official Review Thread.

Thank you for your consideration in this matter.

Crawdaddy

15. Bill Griffith

Bill Griffith Supporting Actor

Dodgeball is actually on TV now as well. GSN is showing EXtreme dodgeball on Tuesday and thrusday nights. Houston even has HoDA (Houston Dodgeball Association)

I love this sport. If the movie is as funny as the trailer I'll be happy.

16. Todd Terwilliger

Todd Terwilliger Screenwriter

I liked it but didn't quite love it. I found it unevenly funny although, when it is funny, it is very funny. The dodgeball training video, alone, is worth the price of admission. [​IMG]

17. Bill Griffith

Bill Griffith Supporting Actor

Definatly a good funny movie. First half of the movie was very funny, when the tournament starts, and basically the acting stops, its OK, I mean watching people getting nailed with balls is always funny, but after a while its just so so.

18. Matt Stone

Matt Stone Lead Actor

Definitely funny. There were some slow-ish parts, but with so many laugh-out-loud moments thrown in it was fine.

"Thank you, Chuck Norris."

Classic [​IMG]

19. Scott Weinberg

Matt, throw some spoiler tags around that quote! [​IMG]

20. Scott Weinberg

Matt, throw some spoiler tags around that quote! [​IMG]