What's new

*** Official "DIE ANOTHER DAY" Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

DeanR

Second Unit
Real Name
Dean
Tina Turners Goldeneye song was dreadful. The worst Bond theme song, easy. The best was Live and Let Die. The Madonna song for DAD isn't that good either.

Reni D

Stunt Coordinator
I like the mAdonna song The problem for me with the Madonna DAD Song is that it sounds to much like a club song not a Bond film song

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
If anyone cares, Pierce Brosnan has signed up to do one more James Bond film, his 5th. (Saw the news being streamed on the E! channel this afternoon).

Glenn_Jn

Stunt Coordinator
Live And Let Die here too. I have always felt that Paul McCartney was the only composer to write a proper theme song. The way the song captures the various aspects of the bond movies. From the soft intro (representing the more romantic side) to the full throttle orchestral part (representing the dangerous/adventurous side). Most of the others, while good songs, just seemed like songs tacked on to the beginning of the film.
Other faves are...
Goldfinger
Diamonds Are Forever
Nobody Does It Better (Spy Who Loved Me)

The last 2 have been the worst IMO

Sam Davatchi

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
SamD
Is anybody actually going to talk about the film?
Yes, me tomorrow! I think we are the only place in the world that gets this Bond few days early. Actually I can see it tonight also but have to wait till tomorrow.

Update: Ok don't kill me, I see now that UK also gets it tomorrow!

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
Ok don't kill me, I see now that UK also gets it tomorrow!
Indeed. I'm off to the theatre tomorrow night so I won't have time for 007. I intend to head back down into London on Thursday to see it. Really favorable reviews for the most part on this side of the pond. I'm really starting to look forward to it.

Look forward to your thoughts, Sam.

Dan

Sam Davatchi

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
SamD
Well as I said, I just come back from an afternoon screening of “Die Another Day”. In short I didn’t like it that much. It’s a very decent Bond movie. It has few fun moments but the rest and majority of time I was bored. It didn’t have any magic or sparks. Yes it does have some great action sequences but as you know they are not even made by the main crew and director. It’s like Lee Tamahori has done nothing. A second crew made the great action sequences and they tried to paste them in between sections. The result looks like a disjointed movie with no soul. It never captivated me.

Mark McLeod

Second Unit
Just got back from seeing it. It's pretty good. I'm not a huge fan but I had a good time.

And oh yeah. The Madonna song does fit well with the opening title sequence.

Chris Atkins

Senior HTF Member
I have high hopes for Die Another Day, but I only feel like one of the three Brosnan flics (Tomorrow Never Dies) deserves to be in the upper tier of Bond movies. Goldeneye and The World is Not Enough were middle tier Bonds, in my opinion.

We will all know by this weekend!

Chris Atkins

Senior HTF Member
Bummer!

One disagreement though:

Every Bond has had a bad outing (except George Lazenby, who was only around for one movie). For Sean Connery, it was his swansong, Diamonds Are Forever. For Roger Moore, it was Live and Let Die. And for Timothy Dalton, it was The Living Daylights.
Well....Live and Let Die and The Living Daylights are in my upper tier of Bond movies...so there is hope I may disagree with him!

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
I enjoyed Die another Day far more than expected. For me it was farce in it's greatest form up to all the stuff in the ice where it get's far fetched even for a bond movie, however there wasn't a point where I did not feel entertained.

The sound mix is abysmal, like all the Brosnan bond mixes. Sound effects boosted, drowing out the music score. Bah! Not pleasing at all in that regard.

As a whole, good good fun!

Dan

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
If I may digress to an earlier topic here, my vote for Bond song are of course John Barry works, the Louis Armstrong sung, "We Have All the Time In the World" and Barry's title track to "On Her Majastys".

Looking forward to DAD.

Nelson

Sam Davatchi

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
SamD
Warning mild spoilers: ***** That second surfing scene was badly done, SFX wise. It was so over the top and also with weak SFX that made everyone laugh at the theater I was. ***** End of Spoilers

Halle Berry was good. From the trailers she looked out of the place but she is not.

Also it seems that US is going to get the censored version. I didn’t see any “flesh”. What was so unbearable that they had to censor? I think we saw more flesh in “The World is Not Enough” and it was not cut in the US!

Truth be told, many seemed enjoying the movie! I don’t know why I didn’t. I think if I had seen it on DVD, I might have enjoyed it a little more. The theater experience is becoming less and less enjoyable for me!

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Could they have found a song that sounds less like a Bond theme than this??????
I just heard this on the radio the other day, and thought that same thing. ick!

This thread should have been titled "Official Bashing Madonna theme song."

Well, It's James Bond for me tomorrow afternoon.
Very psyched.
I have a feeling with Halle Berry being in this one, that this could be the first James Bond to have good opening numbers.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks