What's new

Official Confirmation: SW Episode III DVD on November 1st (1 Viewer)

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
Um, why is there a picture from It on the thread? And everyone is making comments about how "it had to be posted". Is this some joke I don't understand?

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Matthew,
it's a picture of 'Pennywise', the evil clown from the film Stephen King's IT. He would kill kids by promising that they will "float" if they come down to the sewer with him.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Matthew, John's right about the why of it. And, it didn't really *have* to be posted, but one little off-topic diversion isn't too bad, I hope. Sorry about it, though, and I'll stick to Star Wars from here on out.

Joel...Lane

Second Unit
Real Name
Joel
The head shot of Portman on the cover =
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

Blake Siefken

Stunt Coordinator
Am I the only one annoyed with how average the Star Wars DVD boxes are? I hope when they release all 6 of them in a box, that the box is something unique and really cool (like the Matrix box or the season box sets of Star Trek TOS). Something that stands out on your shelf and doesn't blend in with the rest. I'm sure George would want them to stick out.

Colby

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Colby
When I first saw the cover, I thought something wasn't right with Anakin (and not just the scar, which I noticed later). I almost think that he may be made up of 2 or 3 different photos, the hair from one and the face from another.

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
Thanks, John, for the explanation of the picture.

Please don't. The occasional sidetracks into other areas and jokes are part of the fun of the HTF.

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H
Buy.com is doing pre-orders. $15.99 I think. It's up at dvdpricesearch.com.

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member

It wasn't mentioned in the press release and online stores like Best Buy and Amazon.com don't have one listed. I'm 99.9% sure that there won't be one on November 1.

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H
It's just as well if they don't do a box-set now.

It will make people feel a little better when they do a PT box-set down the road with the revised versions of the films. At the very least that set will have a new (badly needed) Ep. 1 transfer with a CG Yoda. I'm guessing there will be other tweaks to Ep. 1 as well.

I'd like to see the Dooku CG doubling revised on Episode II, but I don't know if that will happen. It looked a lot better in Episode III. I'll have to wait and see if that holds true when it hits DVD, though. Episode II, like Episode III looked rather dark in theaters which hid a multitude of sins.

I wonder how long it will be until they fix up the OT (again). I can't see that being a high priority since no one ever admitted there was anything wrong with the current release. It might be a silent revision when it happens.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks