What's new

Official Confirmation: SW Episode III DVD on November 1st (1 Viewer)

Colby

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Colby
I hope to do a marathon, but I won't be able to do it on a Tuesday. It'll have to wait 'til the weekend, but I don't know if I can wait that long to watch it.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
I've never even heard of that VIDEONOW release. Hopefully the bonus disc has something worthwhile on it.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
I plan to do a marathon but will most likely watch my original versions of 4-6 off my THX laserdiscs. It will be fun to kick back and watch all 6 movies.

Jaxon's Dad

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Doug

Nope. You're thinking of a featurette that focused on Owen & Beru, and featured behind the scenes footage from Clones of Joel Edgerton and Bonnie Piess. The Connections shorts were shown during the Fox network's broadcast of the (at the time) 4 Star Wars films during May of '02 to ramp up for Clones' theatrical release. They were basically a video Skywalker family tree, hosted by C-3P0 and R2-D2. Since the label on the bonus DVD appears to mention Threepio and Artoo, I'm thinking the disc is nothing more than these shorts.

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
they played the family connection when episode 1 aired on the fox network for the first time.

JACOB

Jaxon's Dad

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Doug

Nope again. The first time that Episode I aired, Thanksgiving 2001, they played a trailer for R2-D2: Beneath the Dome. You're partly right that they played the Connections pieces during a broadcast of Phantom Menace, just not the first broadcast.

Colby

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Colby

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
I don't think it will be those Connections segments because they were all done around and before Episode II. I would imagine that somrething called "The Story of Star Wars" would have to include Episode III as it is the bridge between the prequels and the OT.

Matt Birchall

Supporting Actor

Okay, yeah. I remember being pissed with the 2000 featurette because of the Episode II stuff, which I really wanted to see, but never did because of my refusal to buy yet another set of the films on VHS.

The Connections shorts, I don't remember at all, but that sounds pretty reasonable.

There was also a freebie DVD which was included with some of the Hasbro role-play lightsabers earlier this year. I never got one, but I think the only things on it of note were maybe an episode of Clone Wars and an Episode III trailer/preview. Probably not very much of a chance for that to wind up being a bonus disc (for Wal-Mart, or anybody, for that matter), but it's worth mentioning.

Brad M

Second Unit

Thanks to my 4 year old son we (by we, I mean me :b ) have about three of those dvds. It includes 2 Clone Wars episodes, the Episode 3 teaser and a short version of The Birth of the Lightsaber from the OT dvd. (This is from memory so it may be a little off.)

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
Hmmmm, maybe it is those Connections segments updated with Episode III info as MikeRS suggested.

Kain_C

Screenwriter
I've never bought a DVD at Wal-Mart. Since they're 24 hours, do they usually start selling new releases at midnight of the release date?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks