What's new

*** Official "CHARLIE'S ANGELS: FULL THROTTLE" Review Thread (1 Viewer)

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
The Angels are back and there's a new Bosley on board. It's pretty much the same ol', same ol', but it's not bad. We get a hint of who some of the future Angels might be, and you should definitely be humored at two of the proposals. John Cleese joins the series as Alex's father, but he didn't provide much humor.
All in all, a worthy sequel, but the original was better pretty much only on the grounds that it came first.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
This thread is now the Official Review Thread for "Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle". Please post all HTF member reviews in this thread.

Any other comments, links to other reviews, or discussion items will be deleted from this thread without warning!

If you need to discuss those type of issues then I have designated an Official Discussion Thread.

Crawdaddy

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
This sequel suffers mightily in that the villians just aren't all that interestingly written, and it shows in the plotting of the film, and the performances.

As the writers try to interject some personal life issues for each of the Angels into the mix, it doesn't really provide much in terms of character building sequences.

I don't think it's all that great of even a sequel, and it's missing a hipness to it, and has more of a re-tread feel to it. But there are some funny bits sprinkled in, just they are few and far between, and not enough to carry the film. The stunt work and fighting again defies gravity in many of the scenes, but hey, they're Angels, whadyaexpect? The bluescreen work seems a bit on the amatuerish side too.

That being said, I did enjoy the "Treasure Chest Revue" scene. :)

I recommend it as matinee viewing.

I give it 2.5 stars, or a grade of C+.

Joshua_Y

Screenwriter
Well...just got back from seeing this...and I gotta say I had quite a lot of fun...very funny...lots neat lookin action and god damn are those women HOT!! Drew looks amazing! RUFF!

I liked the first one...nice little brainless flick...but this one I thought was better...for one thing it was a helluva lot funnier...Bernie Mac's got some good shit in this flick...the girls look hotter...and my man Crispin is back as Thin Man....the guy from Mulholland Dr. is just really funny in the flick and I loved the Cape Fear music and the cameos...damn are there a lot...and the anal jokes...and gangbang jokes...cant go wrong there...I just had a helluva good time...

8.5/10

Dave_P.

Supporting Actor
Loved this one. Same stuff as the original just turned up a notch. More skin, action, innuendo and bad guys. Wasn't asking for anything more! Non-stop fun in my book :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: They could've given Bernie a little more screen time, but he did the most with what he had. The Willis cameo was pretty cool, so I'm assuming his spilt-up with Moore was fairly amicable.
I'll definitely be checking this out again.

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
From the 2003 film thread...

4 of 10

Not outright awful and at times inspired (at least as much as the first film was), this film represents McG being his own worst enemy. If something works, why not do it more and bigger and crazier and louder. Well the answer is because this crosses the fine line from fun action into outright silliness and enhanced fighting becomes the realm of Superman abilities.

And as much as I like the hot chicks, cripes did I feel almost dirty watching this film. I swear that at one point he is trying to hit the pee fetish audience and that at another time we have Demi Moore fondling her pistol like it's a phallic symbol.

Give it a better story, turn the action and sex back down to the teasingly fun levels of the first one and he could have had a nice follow up flick. If the first film was a film made with an MTV video sensibility, the second is a series of MTV videos strung together and called a movie.

A shame to see some rather fun performances wasted, especially people like LaBlanc, Wilson, Mac and Cleese, all of whom are pretty good with what they are given.

Still, this should make for a fun rental/cable movie, especially if you think your viewing might be interrupted by a phone call or the pizza guy. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks