What's new

***Official CABIN FEVER Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, that CHUD review for Undead got me pretty excited. And I absolutely cannot wait to see 28 Days Later again! House of 1,000 Corpses is obviously on my must-see list, as is Cabin Fever. (Plus there's some bizarre flick floating around right now called May and I'd really like to see it.)

I got a chance to see that Deathwatch flick and I thought it was pretty good; nothing extraordinary.

We also have a little movie called Beyond Re-Animator set for a third-quarter DVD release. King & Kasdan's Dreamcatcher hits theaters in late March. I've read the book and it might not be fully horror - but it comes pretty damn close. Crispin Glover as Willard is unleashed on 3/14.

July 18th (tentatively) brings as a new Exorcist prequel. Jeepers Creepers 2 hits screens on August 29th. The Michael Bay-produced remake of The Texas Chainsaw Massacre opens on Oct. 17th. (I'm keeping my fingers crossed.)

Freddy Vs. Jason is set for August 15th. The video-game based House of the Dead is in post-production and should be out some time this summer.

Halle Berry, Robert Downey Jr., and Penelope Cruz have signed on for the latest "Dark Castle" entry. It's called Gothika and they're shooting for a Halloween release date.

..and in 2004 we'll get the Craven/Williamson werewolf flick Cursed - which sounds like it could be a lot of fun. Stephen Sommers' Van Helsing looks like it could be a grown-up gothic version of The Monster Squad, but we'll have to wait till May 2004 to find out.

Plus all the indie and foreign genre flicks that will inevitably pop up. All in all, good pickin's for the horror freaks. :)

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Looks like my little horror preview stopped this thread dead.

:b Sorry.

Just stopped back to make you all jealous by mentioning that I'll be seeing Cabin Fever at SXSW next month. It was just recently added as an entry. :)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Not dead Scott, just unconcious. ;) Sounds like an outstanding year for horror! I'm particularly looking forward to Jeepers Creepers 2, the first was one of my favorite horrors of that year and am eagerly awaiting the sequel to see what happened next.

Plus, I hope to see some more of Gina Phillips in a tank top!
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif
:D

Ross Williams

Supporting Actor
Bringing this thread back from the dead. :) Got to see Cabin Fever the other night at the Seattle Film Festival, let me tell you that you will not be dissapointed with this one! I've been reading a lot of hype about this over the last few months, I thought there was no way possible that it could live up to it. This is easily the best teens-stuck-in-a-remote-cabin horror film since Evil Dead.

It takes quite a bit to disturb me, but this film actually gave me the willy's. I couldn't stop thinking about it till I fell asleep. It's creepy, gorey as hell, it's got naked girls, and it's damn, damn funny! It's pretty much the perfect horror film.

Read a good review: http://filmthreat.com/Reviews.asp?Id=4296

DonRoeber

Screenwriter
Sounds like a lot of fun. Hopefully I'll be able to convince my friends to give it a chanced, like we did with The Ring (we're not big horror fans).

I do have one problem though. Whenever I hear the words "Cabin Fever" my mind immediately switches to the Cabin Fever song & dance number from Muppets Treasure Island.

Rob Cooper

Stunt Coordinator
I saw Cabin Fever last night. It was great fun. It definitly had some good scares and disgusting gore but it was also quite funny.

Director Eli Roth was in attendance and spoke a bit afterwards (actually he breifly introduced the film too. He said "if you throw up I'll consider it a standing ovation". I got a little worried at that point). He said the film plays differently for older horror fans as they can get into the jokes and the allusions to other horror films. Younger audiences have been too freaked to laugh much (screams instead I guess).

other Q&A tidbits:

*Eli Roth is one big horror movie fan. He's frustrated by the studios position on horror flicks. He said he hated that movies that are clearly horror films are labelled as thrillers instead. Examples he gave were The Sixth Sense and 28 Days Later. Both being labelled as Thrillers when they should be proud to be called Horror. He hoped more directors would get the confidence to come out and say "this is horror".

*Roth has written a film with Richard Kelly based on the Richard Matheson story "The Box". Kelly will produce and Roth will direct.

*Roth is starting a company to produce three horror films a year. Scott Speigel is lined up to direct one of the first.

*Roth said if your a horror fan its really important to get out there and see them because the studios don't believe theres a market for R rated horror. He said that internet buzz can make a huge difference as well because studios actually do pay attention to it. He said to get out there and spread the word.

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Rob,

Ain't Eli a f*ckin' hoot? The guy's so animated and excited about what he does - it's impossible not to like him!

I may have already mentioned this (but am too lazy to search through this thread) but I did an interview with Eli that can be seen here.

But the main reason I stopped by was to share a new teaser trailer for Cabin Fever that I came across at IGN Filmforce. Have a look:

http://filmforce.ign.com/articles/432/432008p1.html

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
That's great to know. This is my most anticipated film, and I just know its going to be fantastic. I'm one of the most impatient suckers in the world when it comes to waiting for things I'm dying to see, so the wait is driving me nuts.

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
When it comes to horror, I only listen to three people, and two of them exist on this board.

But when it comes to other stuff, I plug my ears of Justin's blasphemy. :)

I'll be seeing this somehow.

ChuckSolo

Screenwriter
Sounds like a new take on an old genre. So much the better. As a bonified horror affectionado, I will definately catch this one. I am a little surprised at how many people liked "The Ring" and "House of 1,000 Corpses." The former had me snoring until the last 10 minutes and the latter was the most unoriginal slasher film I have ever seen. I can't believe I actually took the day off work to see that piece of garbage. Rob Zombie should stick to music.

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
Here is another stellar review:

http://www.joblo.com/arrow/cabinfever.htm

This Friday is the day! I am so, so hyped that I will finally get to see this after the lengthy wait. The TV spots that I constantly keep seeing are absolutely killing my patience though! Oh well, I'll simply have to keep repeating to myself "Just three more days, just three more days, just three more days..."

On another note, Cerina Vincent is frickin' gorgeous!

Kevinkall

Second Unit
I got the chance to check out Cabin Fever last night and just let me say it's everything that I thought it would be and more! It's a GREAT horror movie! It had a nice 70's feel to it, which I liked. It also contained some cool lynchian moments. It had alot of GREAT scenes like the bowling alley story. It had some humor in it as well as some very creppy parts. It was worth the wait! Also don't leave as soon as the credits start rolling, there's a little more still left. Enjoy.

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Well, today's the day a lot of Gorehounds have been waiting for! I hope you all dig the movie! I can't wait to see it again...though it may take a week or two.

Jason Whyte

Screenwriter
This is now the official discussion thread for "Cabin Fever".

For reviews, please visit the official review page which is HERE.

Thanks,

Jason
Home Theater Forum

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks