What's new

*** Official BLADE TRINITY Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H
Classic line from Blade 1:

"Some mothuf***er's always trying to ice skate uphill.":b

Diallo B

Screenwriter
i just saw the unrated dvd version of this last night and i enjoyed it.

the first blade was great to me. the second one sucked, imo. this last film felt satisfying to me. however, the end was a bit rushed. but the 'end battle' was by no means short. considering i probably do not have the time to view the theatrical version i will never know the difference, so to me blade: trinity gets a thumbs up.

Colton

Supporting Actor
I liked the movie, but didn't understand the opening line:

"It started with Blade and ended with him."

Huh? No, it started with Dracula and ended with Blade. Yeah, the ended felt all wrong - like as if Snipes wasn't around to do the filming or something. It's just THE END after the big fight. That was not satisfactory for me.

- Colton

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Just got around to watching it the other night. It was an okay action movie, but overall I was disappointed. Ryan Reynolds owned his scenes, and Biel played badass well, but other than that it felt like a crummy way to "end" the series.

I think 2 is still my favorite. Del Toro's visual style has been above and beyond anyone else's attempts.

Jason Kirkpatri

Second Unit
Not too bad of a movie. The only real problem I have is the end fight is seemingly even until "Drake" reveals his true form and dishes out some serious whoop-ass, only to be stopped by dropping the poison arrow at his feet where it's easily retrievable.

I mean, if in his true form he can dish it out and not take any punishment, why all the sparing in his human form? Stay in your bad-ass form and end the fight in a minute. :D

Other than that, OK.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Well, given that Snipes is now suing New Line and whining about not having final approval of director and script, it wouldn't surprise me if he phoned-in his performance if he wasn't happy.

EricW

Senior HTF Member
i thought the 3rd movie sucked (no pun intended). the poster who said you have to view it as a comedy was right. though i don't think it's intentionally funny (except for the Reynold's stuff).
which is a shame since the second one (or at least the first two thirds of it) was SOOOO good. Blade 2 lets you see what a difference a good director makes.
and the first one was okay (killer opening as everybody knows).

todbnla

Screenwriter
Real Name
Todd
Yes, I though the movie was bad too, I own the other two but not this one, too much CGI in the first half, and too much marketing on the part of MARVEL.
Felt sorry for Snipes and Kristoffersen (sp?)
:angry: not the way to end the series IMHO.

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
THe DTS track was good but jeez, how many vampires did we see killed the exact same way. Yawn. Never get that 2 hrs back.

EricW

Senior HTF Member

for me, what ruined it for me was the lack of inventive style/action. the Blade movies have NEVER been about story (the first 2 had great premises but bad resolutions, and had so many inconsistencies throughout) and Blade 3 was just over the top stupid/comical.
but it was the absence of any redeeming action sequences that dissapointed me. i never thought Wesley Snipes was a particularly smart guy (or particularly dumb either) but to be okay with this script?!?!?!? i read on this forum he didn't get script approval but if the original script he accepted had ANY resemblace to what ended up on screen - what was he thinking?

David Rogers

Supporting Actor
Just picked it up on used DVD .... disjointed is probably the kindest description I can offer.

Director really dropped the ball, and some of the writing was rather out there as well.

Really didn't like the goofy names they kept tagging on everything (Daystar, Sundogs, etc...); the first two movies just said "hey, I put UV into this little thing you throw, cool huh?", now it's like "hey these are mega ultra cool UV infused rounds, we call'em SunDogs" but it comes off sounding silly and Inspector Gadget like.

The Dracula take ... man that was reaching and pretty damn silly. They could have used a first vampire story without having to reach into the Dracula label; doing so rendered something that perhaps could have held some hint of cool into something that reeked of camp.

No engagement with the villain characters, not like with the first two Blade pics (Deacon Frost and Jarred Nomak); those villains were interesting and even personable to a certain extent. You had interest in them and even liked them in some ways; this villain simply seemed cool, but was really lacking in coolness to engage in ... :rolleyes

Fight chorography was mostly cool, only a few smidges of fight-by-editing that I spotted; but overall the action was a pale shadow on either of the first two flicks. Was rather unhappy with the look of some of the shots … I think the director was trying to be “clever” or something by under cranking the frame rate on some shots and it just made it look silly.

Wes was cool as Blade, liked Ryan and Biel also; I could really buy into an action flick with Ryan as the lead or strong support, he had a good look. Biel … sexy and driven, good qualities that were enjoyable.

Overall, definitely the weakest of the comic flicks since 2000 (caveat, I’ve not nor will I ever see Catwoman so I’ll just continue giving it the honorary mention of most suck, sight-unseen ;) ). Watchable in a background sort of way, but not what I’d even generously call good.

Fault lies with the Director/writer; NOT the cast. They were fine, but the material they were given wasn't.

EricW

Senior HTF Member
hard to believe the guy that wrote Batman Begins and the other Blade movies also wrote this #$$%%$. although the Blade II story wasn't exactly oscar stuff, i think Guillermo Del Toro deserves ALOT of credit for making the movie as good as it was.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks