What's new

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
Title: Avatar

Tagline: Enter the world of Pandora.

Genre: Action, Adventure, Fantasy, Science Fiction

Director: James Cameron

Cast: Sam Worthington, Zoe Saldana, Sigourney Weaver, Stephen Lang, Michelle Rodriguez, Giovanni Ribisi, Joel David Moore, CCH Pounder, Wes Studi, Laz Alonso, Dileep Rao, Matt Gerald, Sean Anthony Moran, Jason Whyte, Scott Lawrence, Kelly Kilgour, James Patrick Pitt, Sean Patrick Murphy, Peter Dillon, Kevin Dorman, Kelson Henderson, David Van Horn, Jacob Tomuri, Michael Blain-Rozgay, Jon Curry, Julene Renee, Luke Hawker, Woody Schultz, Peter Mensah, Sonia Yee, Jahnel Curfman, Ilram Choi, Kyla Warren, Alicia Vela-Bailey, Kyle Dryberg, Larry Rew, Dina Morrone

Release: 2009-12-10

Runtime: 162

Plot: In the 22nd century, a paraplegic Marine is dispatched to the moon Pandora on a unique mission, but becomes torn between following orders and protecting an alien civilization.

http://www.showbiz411.com/2012/06/26/james-cameron-will-film-three-avatar-sequels-at-the-same-time
I'll go on the record of saying this is BS. Three films in a row, this fall? Nope, BS, has to be. But thought I'd show the link regardless.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Well, it's definitely been said by Cameron that he was filming two sequels back-to-back. So either that plan has recently changed to 3 films instead of 2, or there was some sort of misunderstanding / misquote that lead to the report of a fourth film.
Regardless of how many he does, my hope is that they are standalone stories that fit together into a larger overall naravtive and not just one big movie cut into two (like the Matrix Sequel).

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Last I heard, they were shooting two sequels at the same time but something could have changed. They don't even have a direct quote from Weaver in that article so I assume she misspoke. Maybe she meant to say that "We're going to shoot parts 2 & 3 soon" but accidentally said "We're doing three movies soon".

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
I was saying BS because we haven't heard anything, then all a sudden this "fall" they start shooting 3 films. Fall is a couple months away.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Assuming the Sigourney is in the sequels, I presume she's some sort of spirit, since she did die.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
I figured it would be that, or they could go the route of growing a new avatar body and somehow downloading her conciousness into it from the "planetary hard drive". Kind of a second attempt at what they tried in the first movie.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Yeah, that's a possibility. Though there was no hint of the ability to do a return trip in Avatar. But then, when Navi died, the body was dead and there was no receptacle for a return trip.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
But what would prevent them from doing the other way; telling the story of how they found the planet, and how she built the school or whatever?

Actually, I thought part of the storyline was supposed to be to look at what was going on with the other moons, etc and how they were all interconnected somehow

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
It's not Cameron's style to bother with prequels, from what I know about him after reading his scripts he does not believe in spoon feeding his audience things they were already given background on previously.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Having conquered 3D with Avatar, I trust Cameron will show us how 4D is done on the sequel. And maybe there's hope for finally breaking the 5D wall on the third? Awesome!

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
I hate resurrecting this ancient thread to ask what happened to the rest of this discussion. I was hoping to dig up some old posts from this discussion thread (which was about 7-8 pages long back in 2009-2010) when it was first utilized. No such luck.

Anybody know what happened, and to how many threads?

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I hate resurrecting this ancient thread to ask what happened to the rest of this discussion. I was hoping to dig up some old posts from this discussion thread (which was about 7-8 pages long back in 2009-2010) when it was first utilized. No such luck.

Anybody know what happened, and to how many threads?
Talk about resurrections.......welcome back Chuck!;) Stay a while this time!

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
It didn’t. That one starts in 2016. We had a pre-release discussion and a release discussion thread list to time. I’m assuming it’s just gone, but wanted to ask just in case!

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Officially announced at Cinemacon that Avatar will be remastered and released in theaters in September.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks